Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me (40 year old) a daily moisturiser

(9 Posts)
NutellaLawson Thu 02-Mar-17 13:05:42

I'm a skin care novice and a bit overwhelmed by the choice, range and jargon of all these creams, lotions and serums on the shelves. But I'm 40 and although my skin is in quite good nick another part of me thinks it could probably do with a bit more care than its had.

I don't have dry skin apart from a small patch at the eyebrows. No red blotches. A few fine lines at the eyes but otherwise pretty good.

So give me your recommendations that might keep my skin looking lovely for the next 10 or 20 years, please. I'm brand agnostic but prefer cruelty free.

monkeymamma Thu 02-Mar-17 16:01:26

I've just discovered a brand called la roche posay (stocked in boots). it's mid range, price-wise, but so so good. My skin is better than it has been in years.
I also use estee lauder night repair serum and day cream. My husband nearly fainted when he saw how much it cost (he walked into the shop as I was paying, unfortunate timing really).
Liz Earle is also very good, no perfumes or irritants, and price again fairly mid range, but the smell is a bit funny and the stuff with muslin cloths quite fiddly.
I'm pretty jealous of your good skin, I'm a few years younger than you but my skin is awful! It's dry on my forehead, oil slick on my chin and nose, wrinkles all round my eyes, nose, lips (latest outrage on my top lip - all puckered like I'm a lifelong smoker - which I'm not) and my forehead. Oh god my forehead. I could weep, but I got a fringe.

Lolimax Thu 02-Mar-17 16:06:38

I came on to say Liz Earle. I'm even older lol (47) and it doesn't 'settle' under my foundation like other heavier moisturisers. I love the smell!

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Thu 02-Mar-17 16:08:53

Nivea light daily moisturiser. My ds 15 was commenting last night how lovely my skin is!! I am 45!!

TitaniasCloset Thu 02-Mar-17 16:15:17

I Luke Lush skincare, I like Gorgeous moisturizer but its expensive for the tiny pots you get so haven't bought that in a while. Have been using Aveda biokinetics I think its called, in the green bottles. Good value for money, and works well under make up but a bit too light for my nearly 41 year old skin, Liz Earle has been nice whenever I have tried it.

Interested to follow this thread as I need advice too.

TitaniasCloset Thu 02-Mar-17 16:16:31

That should have read I like Lush skincare especially the Gorgeous moisturizer.

nessus Thu 02-Mar-17 16:20:20

Aveeno oatmeal daily moisturising lotion is my go-to for face and Vaseline aloe vera for my body. The secret is less in the formulas contained but rather in the routine of creaming daily. Hydrated skin and youthful skin go hand in hand.

Don't forget the 2 litres a day of water you ought to be drinking.

ChishandFips33 Thu 02-Mar-17 18:32:03

LRP here too! Skin gas never been clearer (wrong side of 40 as well)

Aveeno or Soap and Glory for body

MinesaPinot Thu 02-Mar-17 22:34:53

After a fairly disastrous 10 days with Simple Age Regeneration (don't ask!) I have just bought some Avene moisturiser and cleanser. Have used it before and it rescued my skin so hoping it will do so again.

Simple products relegated to body cream and shower wash.

Yes, yes, yes to the 2 litres of water a day as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now