Talk

Advanced search

eBay bargain finds

(15 Posts)
chocaholic123 Wed 01-Mar-17 21:40:42

I often see people saying in threads that they found good quality clothes on eBay. Whenever I look, I can never seem to find anything wow! Is it best to be very specific or vague about what you're looking for? How often do you ladies spend browsing eBay? What brands are good to look for on eBay? What are your eBay hints and tips? Thank you smile

DavetheCat2001 Thu 02-Mar-17 09:30:19

I think patience pays off with eBay.

One of the best bargains I found recently was a 360 cashmere jumper that Ihad been lusting after for AGES, but at nearly £300 was a complete no no.

Kept an eye on eBay and managed to snap up a brand new one, in exactly the colour/size I wanted for £60. I was well chuffed.

If there is something specific you want, just keep a regular watch and often things pop up.

yorkshirepuddingandroastbeef Thu 02-Mar-17 09:50:19

You can set up email alerts if you are looking for something specific.

I've bought some great things. Like Dave says, patience pays off.

imthelastsplash Thu 02-Mar-17 10:09:46

Patience and sticking to what you're prepared to pay is the key. Don't get caught up and keep bidding on something.

I've had loads of bargains from eBay (but there and charity shops are my go to shopping places). I tend to stick to high end high street so brands like Hobbs, toast etc

chocaholic123 Sat 04-Mar-17 08:47:43

Thank you for your replies. Patience it is then! grin

Itsnothingoriginal Sat 04-Mar-17 10:05:49

Also keep an eye out and set up alerts for when items get re-listed at a lower price. Managed to get a brand new Joules gilet for a fiver after being put on again for much lower price!

It's always harder to find bargains when you're specifically looking for something and I find myself reigning back on making a silly bid! Amazes me how much stuff on there is selling for more than the rrp hmm

AnarchyKitty Sat 04-Mar-17 10:12:38

I've just got five Boden dresses, a M+S coat, a Fatface dress and a Seasalt jumper all for under a tenner each in the last month. My best buy has to be the Boden dress for £1.70. It's just pure luck and patience .

simmonsbythesea Sat 04-Mar-17 10:17:27

I've had success with keeping my searches broad in order to catch the crap sellers..you'd be surprised the number of items listed in the wrong categories or with rubbish descriptions and poor quality photos.

e.g. instead of listing as "NEW Adidas Stan Smith White trainer sneakers UK4 EU37", in the trainer category, these will be listed as "Addidas shoes" in the flat shoe section, so you'd miss them if you were only searching in "trainers" or "new" only...

It does mean you have to trawl through sometimes pages of listings but I've won brand new Whistles shoes, designer jumpers, jeans often at the starting bid.

Also set up a snipe and don't get caught up in bidding till the last minute, and don't go over your maximum.

DavetheCat2001 Sat 04-Mar-17 10:57:20

I picked up a fab pair of Ted Baker indigo skinny jeans a couple of weeks ago that I had been after for ages for £4.70.

Was very please grin

farkoff Sat 04-Mar-17 11:23:21

I got an amazing pair of French Connection leather ankles boots for <£10 a few years ago. One of my all time best buys.

Key is patience and clever search terms.

Astro55 Sat 04-Mar-17 11:25:32

I brought DD a designer leather jacket - bargain because the listing ended when most people are at work -

Saturday end dates go much higher

hollieberrie Sat 04-Mar-17 12:23:05

Some good tips here, def worth trawling through all the listings, i've found lots of bargains this way.
Also dont be afraid to make people an offer. Lots of people are happy to sell straight away rather than wait the auction out.
I'd been lusting after a £29 Mint Velvet long necklace from their AW16 range which was sold out. I signed up for an email alert on Ebay, got one as soon as it was listed, messaged the seller straight away and got it for a Buy it Now price of only £7. Bargain grin

FlySlayer99 Wed 07-Jun-17 02:51:34

Decorating a bedroom and was looking for new curtains. Fell in love with a pair from Dunelm but DH (meany!) said no at over £100 for them. Kept an eye on ebay but even used they were still 50/60 pounds sad. Anyway was browsing ebay a few weeks and noticed a pair of curtains simply titled "Dunelm curtains". It was only the same ones and in the size we needed! Picked them up almost new for £12 the pair grin my lucky day

LoadsaBlusher Wed 07-Jun-17 21:37:41

I have alerts set up for the kids
So for example in winter I saw some lovely parkas in Next but 2 would have been over £80.
So I set up alerts for " Next Blue Parkas " in the kids clothing category and set it to age 3 & 5
It pings you an alert every time a new listing comes up with those selections, got them in amazing like new condition for around £10 each.

Obvs you can tailor these to yourself , I have quite a few alerts running at any one time

Also as other PPs have said , it's just perseverance, browsing through the categories or else typing in " coast dress " and searching all size 10 Coast dresses until you get the exact one you need for a wedding etc.

I find EBay really up to date and if I see something online or in a store I always type in the description on EBay to see if I can get it cheaper

About 50% of mine and DC clothing is purchased on Ebay. ❤️

TheMightyMing Wed 07-Jun-17 22:05:20

This month I have bought

Two Baukjen dresses
One Whistles handbag
A leather jacket.

All from e bay. I buy 75 percent of my clothes on e bay. All of the above were new with tags.
Most of the rest I buy from TK maxx.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now