Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Help! Stylish top night wedding

(6 Posts)
mummc2 Wed 01-Mar-17 21:33:44

Ok so I don't often go out maybe once a month with Dh and that's it, I work some wear where you look like your a 10 yr old boy in the uniform and have always been pretty casual dress wise
BUT
I
We are attending an evening do for a wedding (got married abroad) it's staying away somewhere and there's a lot of higher management going from work I have no idea what to wear!!????
HELP
I'm around a 14 I don't particularly like top of my arms (I used to work out but health problems mean I've gained weight mainly around my waist/back/upper arms)
Anyways I have good shoes love shoes and I have a really nice black pair of cigarette trousers from river island that still fit really well but have no idea for my top??
I don't like clingy a too many lumps and bumps but like tailored and classy - it's been that long since I shopped for myself I don't know where to start

welshmist Wed 01-Mar-17 21:38:53

Can you give us a budget for this top please?

welshmist Wed 01-Mar-17 21:44:38

I bought this top for an evening wedding do, everyone goes nuts every time I wear it, I feel a million dollars in it.

www.charlesvermont.co.uk/joseph-ribkoff/jr-153065.html

mummc2 Wed 01-Mar-17 21:51:55

Yes budget no more than £50 prefer sleeves but only short no long as I always get too hot

welshmist Wed 01-Mar-17 21:59:16

When in doubt I always go to John Lewis, here are some tops up to £50 with differing length sleeves, have a look through them.

www.johnlewis.com/browse/women/womens-tops/black/price=30-50/elbow-length/short-sleeve/¾-sleeve/_/N-fm4Z1z141fuZ6sstZ1z0rox5Z1z0rowzZ1z0rout

Lucked Wed 01-Mar-17 22:02:32

Sorry to go over budget but this coast top is nice

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: