Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a good light/med coverage foundation?

(25 Posts)
MrsDoylesTeabags Wed 01-Mar-17 20:37:16

I'm currently using Revlon Colorstay in Rich Tan, but I'm after something lighter as Spring and Summer are coming, I tan easily so I'm after something to even out my skintone but isn't too heavy, I have very oily skin so I need something with stayingpower and doesn't leave me looking like a chip pan at the end of the day.
Am I after the impossible?

MrsDoylesTeabags Thu 02-Mar-17 13:29:38

Anyone?

SorrelForbes Thu 02-Mar-17 13:44:43

I'm really impressed with the new Estee Lauder Doublewear Nude foundation. It's much lighter than the other foundations in the Doublewear range.

monkeymamma Thu 02-Mar-17 15:53:12

I could talk about this literally all day.

I have just bought the EL double wear nude that Sorrel suggests after longer using their double wear light. It is very natural looking and lighter than the double wear light (how ironic) but a leeeeetle bit shiny for me. On balance i prefer the double wear light i think which is really fab, genuinely lasts all day, doesn't give me spots, is well worth the money (not cheap sadly).

I also just bought some laroche posay BB cream with factor 50 as I'm off on me hols soon and know foundation plus sun equals spots, but i wanted something tinted and flattering cos my skin is shite (acne scarring and wrinkles). it's really good and i massively rate laroche posay.

splendide Thu 02-Mar-17 15:55:50

I just bought Givenchy Teint Couture Balm - it's brilliant.

This was the review that made me buy it -

www.salihughesbeauty.com/reviews/sali-loves-givenchy-teint-couture-balm/

MsHippo Thu 02-Mar-17 16:01:26

I've recently started wearing la Roche posay BB cream. It's a lovely moussey texture and smooths on beautifully. Plus, it's cheap and you can just get it from boots!

troodiedoo Thu 02-Mar-17 16:05:43

I wear garnier bb cream day to day and Estee lauder double wear for out out. Sometimes as a halfway I'll add the double wear to t zone for extra coverage to bb cream. A little goes a long way.

longtermsinglemummy Thu 02-Mar-17 16:07:18

Clarins True Radiance or Skin Illusion are fab.

troodiedoo Thu 02-Mar-17 16:08:13

My dd has oily skin she's just got the Nars foundation and it has very good colour match and coverage.

nessus Thu 02-Mar-17 16:13:23

Marc Jacobs Genius Gel is a fabulous med coverage foundation.

gonegrey56 Thu 02-Mar-17 16:43:29

Try YSL Fusion Ink ( the one in the bottle, not the cushion compact one). Get a sample to see how you get on with it . I think it is fantastic, light coverage but you can layer it, stays on all day and looks so natural.

MaQueen Thu 02-Mar-17 17:20:20

I'm a big fan of Chanel foundations. I love their Matt Lumiere Velvet for Winter, and their Vitalumiere Aqua for Summer. Both very sheer, but you can build up coverage if you want.

MrsDoylesTeabags Thu 02-Mar-17 19:19:32

Oh wow, lots of responses. Thank you, lots for me to look up

PossibiliTea Thu 02-Mar-17 20:15:02

No.7 airbrush foundation! So natural, good coverage and perfect colour, usually on offer but £17 after trying every kind of foundation spending £100s this really is the best.

I'm not a rep I just love it haha!

ChishandFips33 Thu 02-Mar-17 20:41:40

Hippo and Monkey Could you link to the LRP ones you are using?

I use Effaclar, Anthelios and Hydreane range and all have a BB cream confused

Ilovetorrentialrain Thu 02-Mar-17 21:16:31

Like longterm I'd also say Clarins True Radiance. I put it on with a brush and it's gorgeous.

36plusandtrying Thu 02-Mar-17 21:42:27

Mac BB ! It's fab

Itscurtainsforyou Fri 03-Mar-17 00:49:30

Benefit oxygen liquid foundation - I usually switch to this in spring

MsHippo Fri 03-Mar-17 06:03:07

ChisandFips here!

MsHippo Fri 03-Mar-17 06:04:30

I normally pair with with a. It if pressed powder and a tiny touch of bronzer (not too brown!) and it lasts perfectly all day.

MsHippo Fri 03-Mar-17 06:05:02

*a bit of

Sorry, it's early!

cece Fri 03-Mar-17 06:10:59

I use Boots No 7 CC cream - whenever I can be bothered to put it on people tell me how well I look.

ChishandFips33 Fri 03-Mar-17 06:28:38

Thanks MsHippo smile

MrsDoylesTeabags Sun 05-Mar-17 20:16:13

So after all your help I went to Boots yesterday, I tried a few of the counters and looked at the BB/CC creams on the shelves.
I ended up with the No7 Stay Perfect in Warm Sand which looks lovely on, really natural but glowy just a nice amount of coverage without looking 'made up' and feels really light.
I also got the Garnier BB cream for oily skin for casual. (I always wear make up so I don't like going bare faced)

Beautifullymixed Sun 05-Mar-17 21:40:02

OP, I was going to suggest no7 stay perfect foundation, but you beat me to it!
Medium coverage, but can be sheered or layered, depending on your need. Feels very light, lasts all day, and applies beautifully with the real techniques beauty sponge.
It doesn't dry out my oily, yet dehydrated skin, nor does it cause excessive oil, and it matches my skin beautifully.
I love it so much. I also love the stay perfect light too, but my skin is far too blemishy at the moment for that one. sad

I have to use a dusting of powder on top though, (I press the powder into the t zone with my damp sponge) and blot throughout the day, as I'm an oily girl. If I'm going through a really oily phase, I mix a pump of no7 stay matte in with the stay perfect. Gives it an extra boost of staying power.
I find stay matte is far too drying and cakey worn alone, but perfect mixed in with the stay perfect.
Hope you like it OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now