Talk

Advanced search

Yay or nay, Fat Face childrenswear?

(15 Posts)
Rachel56 Wed 01-Mar-17 15:46:51

Hi everyone!

I want your opinion...

What do you think of childrenswear at Fat Face?
Are there too much gender-stereotyped colors? e.g. bright pink for girls
I personally find the style old-fashioned with too much brown/blue/surf board for boys and pink/white/shells for girls. confused

imjessie Wed 01-Mar-17 16:03:52

I don't like it , too farmery!! I like Next for my son and h and m sometimes !

Nearlyadoctor Wed 01-Mar-17 16:32:06

I think it's like anything, you have to be a bit choosy. Dd is now 9 and having pretty much always worn Mini Boden now enjoys actual shopping and quite likes fat face.
We bought a lovely blue t shirt with a pale lemon and pink helter skelter ice cream design, and a striped pale blue cream and lilac fleece the other day. She doesn't like their vw camper or surfy stuff at all.
Having bought her a couple of sweatshirts in the past I have to say they and wear very well.

WhooooAmI24601 Wed 01-Mar-17 16:35:15

Some of it's ok, some of it's not so good. It washes and wears fabulously compared to Next though so for my rowdy boys it's always been a yes. Boden's children's clothes are equally long-lasting, as are Polarn O Pyret. I've never thrown stuff away from those places as they just stay looking lovely forever.

NoItsAVegetable Wed 01-Mar-17 16:45:23

Style is always a matter of personal taste, but my DD (7) have some Fatface flipflops and fluffy zip-up hoodies they love to bits.

I find their stuff excellent quality, very hardwearing and washes beautifully. Have just ordered 2 pairs of cargo pants and surfer/beach-hut Ts (possibly meant for boys but who cares?) in the sale. My DD aren't girly girls by any stretch of the imagination but we usually find a few things they like.

TeaAddict235 Wed 01-Mar-17 17:31:23

Are you a journalist?

Salumeria Wed 01-Mar-17 18:07:47

I think it is good quality. Hadn't particularly thought the colours were gender stereotyping, though there isn't a wide range, and most of the colours I suppose are meant to co-ordinate.

I have found the dresses I have bought from there were much too short for my DC. But the tops and hoodies have fitted and lasted really well.

My DD isn't really into camping or surfing or snowboarding, but nonetheless has found designs that appealed to her.

missyB1 Wed 01-Mar-17 18:14:04

It's where I buy most of ds clothes! I sometimes buy it on eBay too, just got him a great fat face sweatshirt on there. They are hard wearing and nice designs, a million times nicer than next (imo),and much better quality.

ErrolTheDragon Wed 01-Mar-17 18:23:11

I wish I'd realised they did kids clothes when DD was younger, I'd definitely have got her some of their surfer type stuff if they'd had it then (and maybe some shells as well).

OhtoblazeswithElvira Wed 01-Mar-17 18:25:48

Only have a Fat Face top for DD but it has lasted admirably and washed really well - far better than Boden.

ScarlettFreestone Wed 01-Mar-17 18:29:55

My children have some Fat Face clothes.

I have boy/girl twins, I've never seen any signs in FF stopping either child buying whichever tshirt they like.

Why shouldn't you wear a flowery top if you like - even if you are a girl?

Should we all just wear plain sludge green and be done with it?

I like Fat face because the prices are reasonable and the quality is good. As a PP mentioned they wash beautifully.

Flutterbye Wed 01-Mar-17 18:40:14

I like it but my kids are too big for it now. Their sizes are small though.

PickAChew Wed 01-Mar-17 18:44:05

The boys love their tops - lovely soft cotton. DS1's snug in their men's S now, mind, but DS2's still wearing some of his old Fatface tops!

Cherrypie32 Wed 01-Mar-17 18:53:15

I buy a lot in their sales (which are always a bargainous 50% off) for DD, t's, hoodies and night wear are all favourites and wash/wear extremely well. Most of what I get her is blue funnily enough and their pinks are often quite muted. I'm not so keen for DS as the colours aren't bright enough for him (or my taste) but sludgy. Again we've had good hoodies and fleeces though. We do a lot of water sports but that doesn't influence my choice of designs.

watermelongun Wed 01-Mar-17 20:54:02

I love it! Only got a couple of bits, but it just washes and washes and washes. They all always have a fleecy furry jumper every Xmas from my aunt and uncle (in one size bigger so it lasts!) and they wear them all year round. I'm a fan!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now