Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

I need some styling stuff for my husband that will work without hairdrying

(6 Posts)
1ris Wed 01-Mar-17 11:26:06

So DH is getting a little thin on top. When he comes back from cycling his hair is standing up on end and looking really funky and thick so I put some of my gel in it at the weekend and blew dry it for him - and we got the desired effect.

DH however would never ever dry his hair so we need something that is NOT heat activated. Something natural. Is there such a product?

trixymalixy Wed 01-Mar-17 11:27:43

My DH uses Vo5 rework gel. He's been asked several times what he uses as it seems to work better than most.

1ris Wed 01-Mar-17 11:33:51

Trixy - does it look natural? Does he leave it to dry naturally?

1ris Thu 02-Mar-17 09:41:53

Trixy - did you check his beauty/hair routine this morning?

trixymalixy Thu 02-Mar-17 13:39:07

Sorry, just got back to this. It does look like he has product in his hair so might not be what you are looking for.

RenardeRenarde Thu 02-Mar-17 18:40:41

My brother uses "Got2Be powderful" in his hair, it's a volumising powder meant for women, it seems to have a thickening effect and isn't in any way shiny, sticky or producty when it's on. I'm surprised they're not marketing it for men tbh! His barber recommended it to him, unfortunately it led to many thefts from my bathroom cupboard :D

It doesn't hit the "natural" requirement unfortunately but if that is a real deal breaker I bet there are other volumising powders out there that are. Look for ladies products, they tend to be better than the offerings for men.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: