Talk

Advanced search

Can somebody help me decide what to wear to this event?

(8 Posts)
ooohwhatevershalliwear Tue 28-Feb-17 21:43:26

It's a launch event for a new high end boutique in a vair naice part of my town. 6-8 in the evening and I'm at a bit of a post-baby loss as to what to wear. i.e. I haven't been out for ages and no idea what people tend to wear to things like this.

I'm 5' 7" slim and in proportion so can in theory get away with most outfits, I just know I will end up either too smart or too casual.

Help!

ooohwhatevershalliwear Tue 28-Feb-17 21:46:28

...think part of my problem is that this event is likely to be high end in quite a TOWIE kind of way, which isn't really my thing at all, I'm more of Shoreditch/Hackney persuasion and fear I will be out of place.

NewPantsforaNewYear Tue 28-Feb-17 23:03:46

What sort of thing do you normally wear?
I'd probably go for smart skinnies, high ankle boots and a silk pussy bow blouse.

If you're more of a dress person, I'd go for something fairly simple with interesting jewellery.

PovertyJetset Tue 28-Feb-17 23:07:50

I recently wore some acid wash grey mom jeans with suede studded ankle boots and a leopard print blouse. Big oversized clutch bag in black and a cocoon coat. That's what I would wear.

If jeans are too casual, swap for 3/4 length slim trousers and heels rather than boots? Matt lipstick is ver on trend now too.

ooohwhatevershalliwear Tue 28-Feb-17 23:30:32

I love jumpsuits (esp cropped ones), and mom jeans rolled up with ankle boots. I've also embraced the bomber trend but I'm worried the event is going to be too 'glossy' for this kind of look.

Skinnys and ankle boots is an option, but whenever I have gone for this kind of safe choice, I see lots of people looking a lot more 'fashion' and I end up feeling frumpy and kick myself for not being a bit braver.

I think I've just lost a bit of my confidence.

ooohwhatevershalliwear Tue 28-Feb-17 23:31:27

I'm a fairly young 35 if that helps at all?

PovertyJetset Wed 01-Mar-17 08:26:36

What about a pleated midi skirt, ankle boots and a crew neck fine knot jumper?

PovertyJetset Wed 01-Mar-17 08:27:23

Marks and spencer had a lovely rose metallic one last week. With a grey top
Would look good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now