Talk

Advanced search

Am I the only woman in the Western world who doesn't wax their fanny?

(100 Posts)
Wordsmith Tue 28-Feb-17 19:59:47

That's it really. Just reading the thread about a woman debating whether to wax and have a manicure before giving birth and there were loads of responses on the subject of nails but hardly anyone saying "For the love of God, woman, why would you choose to deforest your fanjo before it resembles a war zone?". Since when has denuding your lady garden been a mainstream activity and not something confined to sexploitation movies?

Caprianna Tue 28-Feb-17 20:01:18

No

SwimmingMom Tue 28-Feb-17 20:02:11

Tried it once. Never again. Not for me! grin

mowgelijeffs Tue 28-Feb-17 20:03:00

I got mine lasered.

I am very upset by my body hair, I was teased about it at school and I remember being told I had hairy hands when I was about 11. It's made me so insecure. I don't do it for my husband only for myself. He said he can't see the hairs on my stomach or hands or lip and that he finds me beautiful anyway but it still makes me feel bad. I don't know why since I don't look at other women's front bums but I have some sort of complex about it.
I do what I am comfortable with and I hope you do too.

MouldyPeach Tue 28-Feb-17 20:03:06

No of course you're not. I don't wax my fadge and never will and I read that thread to with nothing relatable to say I didn't say anything rather than try to tell someone how to live their life.

ageingrunner Tue 28-Feb-17 20:03:37

I never have. I trimmed it a bit the other night, just so it didn't get stuck in my knickers 😬

Fighterofthenightman Tue 28-Feb-17 20:04:11

There have been dozens and dozens of these threads on MN. At least one just last week.

No you're not alone and would be surprised that any woman would think that because it's very obvious.

Purplebluebird Tue 28-Feb-17 20:05:08

I use hair removal cream instead grin Sorry, not the reply you wanted I'm sure. I've just always preferred it that way (yes, even when single and not seeing anyone).

Singingforsanity Tue 28-Feb-17 20:09:09

Nope! And re the pre-birth thing - I doubt anyone seeing it for the purposes of checking for baby's head etc is going to give a crap about how hairy it is. And if they do I couldn't care less.

Ilovetorrentialrain Tue 28-Feb-17 20:10:30

No - and this has been done to death - at least weekly smile

Wordsmith Tue 28-Feb-17 20:11:14

I wasn't looking for endorsement, just honestly wondering how widespread it is.

Wordsmith Tue 28-Feb-17 20:12:33

Ilovetorrentialrain - I'm not on mumsne the that often to know how common a thread this is, sorry. I saw the story on Facebook.

pepperpot99 Tue 28-Feb-17 20:14:31

No fanny epilating here. Im a fat hairy fannied beast and staying that way.grin

Summerisdone Tue 28-Feb-17 20:14:46

I have never waxed mine, I've not got the guts for the pain. I do shave it though, but wish I had guts for waxing because shaving is a pain in the arse

GreyStars Tue 28-Feb-17 20:15:28

Never had wax near my lady parts and never plan to either! I do trim otherwise it is uncomfortable for me, but wax no bloody way hurts enough doing my eyebrows (I am a sensitive soul) no way is wax going any further south!

It's not for me, but I would never comment on those threads as it's their choice to do whatever they wish to their lady parts.

I just find it sad when women think they have to do it.

fruitbats Tue 28-Feb-17 20:17:16

It's a no from me.

MortifiedinAsda Tue 28-Feb-17 20:18:07

Pepperpot me too grin have been au naturel for the last ten years.

toffee1000 Tue 28-Feb-17 20:20:25

I haven't either. Probably won't. Having pubes ripped off sounds fucking painful.

Foldedtshirt Tue 28-Feb-17 20:22:55

It's an age thing apparently. 40+ au naturel, up to 30 all off and in between can be anything.

kel1234 Tue 28-Feb-17 20:24:20

I never wax. I always keep it completely smooth by shaving. I get uncomfortable and itchy if I don't keep it smooth.
Yes I did shave before I gave birth as I felt uncomfortable not doing so

Enidblyton1 Tue 28-Feb-17 20:26:00

I never have - just a trim. Was considering a wax for the first time recently, but apparently au natural is back in fashion....just the excuse I need!

Wordsmith Tue 28-Feb-17 20:27:56

Kel1234 isn't the uncomfortable itchy feeling as a result of shaving (regrowth)?

Dawndonnaagain Tue 28-Feb-17 20:37:04

No, but I have alopecia and no body hair as a result!
(Got a full head of hair at the moment, though)!

flumpybear Tue 28-Feb-17 20:41:43

No I don't think I would!!

Wondered about legs though ... I have horrid hair on my upper legs .... and feel a bit like the yeti!! Am I the only one with hairs on my upper legs!? The backs seem worse!? confusedconfused

imjessie Tue 28-Feb-17 20:44:11

Nope , never !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now