Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a Professional Shampoo & conditioner that is SLS free & no silicones

(19 Posts)
Aquamarine70 Tue 28-Feb-17 14:56:30

I seem to be allergic to sulphates as I get an itchy scalp. I can't use any silicone in make up or shampoo as I get painfuk spots around my hair line, eyebrows & jawline.
I've just bought Pureology but they must have changed the formula as I'm reacting to it. I haven't used it for years but it's not the same.

Is there a professional range that is SLS & silicone free?

Archimandrite Tue 28-Feb-17 18:21:33

I use Phyto shampoo, conditioner and wax. I have a very sensitive scalp. I find their products really mild and they don't appear to have chemicals added. I buy it from Amazon. It's not cheap but you only need a little of their products imo.

www.phyto-haircare.co.uk/le-double-savoir-faire/the-science-of-plants.html

NeedATrim Tue 28-Feb-17 18:25:03

The whole Cantu range is mineral oil, sls, silicon and paraben free. Perhaps that'll work for you.

PootlewasthebestFlump Tue 28-Feb-17 20:56:16

Aveda?

Lf803 Tue 28-Feb-17 21:00:41

Maria nila, sulphate and paraben free. Brilliant!

junowiththegladrags Tue 28-Feb-17 21:22:40

Shea moisture range available in boots. Very very good.

Maraschino Tue 28-Feb-17 21:34:53

I use the OH! (Organic Head) from Daniel Galvin Jr - which is free of any parabens, SLS, mineral oils or animal ingredients.

I have a terribly sensitive scalp, get acne round my jaw if I use products with sulphates in, and unless I have used really expensive products my hair has been shit with SLS and paraben free (I have thin fine hair) until I found this!

I get it from Ocado, its £6 per bottle. It has literally changed my hair and skin for the better.

ChocolateSherberts2017 Tue 28-Feb-17 21:55:50

I use the body shop Rain forest shampoo & conditioner, they leave my hair soft & frizz free. They cost around £5 bottle.

sanitygirl Tue 28-Feb-17 23:03:25

Some (but not all) Phyto shampoos are SLS free - the phytopanama shampoo for oily scalp is very gentle and what I use. You can find it reduced on allbeauty.com
The Davina range is also very good

Whisky2014 Tue 28-Feb-17 23:04:19

Aquamarine70 Wed 01-Mar-17 02:15:37

Thanks everyone. I'm in Australia so I don't know if I can get some of those brands here but I can have a look online.

PootlewasthebestFlump Wed 01-Mar-17 07:57:33

I like Daniel galvin junior too. I get it for £5 in waitrose.

AnotherEmma Wed 01-Mar-17 08:01:20

namechange20050 Wed 01-Mar-17 08:07:35

Matrix biolage. My hairdresser introduced me to it. It's a salon brand so I buy off Amazon. Amazing stuff, has transformed my hair.

Jayrose Wed 01-Mar-17 08:50:53

BarchesterFlowers Wed 01-Mar-17 08:56:14

I used Aveda Shampure for years, these days I use Daniel Field Organics, and Davines.

My hairdresser sells Davines so it is easy for me to buy but I can't quite find the right combination for my hair. No nasties but one shampoo is not moisturising enough and leaves my scalp dry and the next nearest one is a bit too moisturising which means I have to wash it more often.

I do like DF Organics - I buy it online.

whiteonesugar Wed 01-Mar-17 09:06:11

Maria Nila, smells amazing and SLS and Paraben free. Comes in travel sized bottles so you could try it out first. I like the pink one.

Sally176 Thu 02-Mar-17 17:50:32

If you're in Australia then Kevin Murphy Angel Wash and Angel Rinse. Aussie brand which also smells amazing too. I have a Brazilian blow dry so need to use sls and paraben free too. If I'm feeling loose with the cash then Kerastase Discipline Bain Fluidealiste. Really good and really good value is Matrix Biolage Keratindose as mentioned above. It's my default go-to when I need shampoo. I buy it as a 1000ml bottle from Amazon or Lookfantastic and it cost about the same as a standard sized Kerastase one!
Also, Moroccanoil but I've never really got on with that

Aquamarine70 Mon 06-Mar-17 02:30:15

Thanks I shall check out the Kevin Murphy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now