Talk

Advanced search

I've Footner'd my feet and they're awful (pic)

(17 Posts)
ThomasRichard Tue 28-Feb-17 11:15:56

I put Footner on my feet a couple of weeks ago, just to get rid of the last bits that were going to hurt with a foot file, and now they look horrendous. I've had a bath for the past 4 days to try to soften up the skin and get it off but it just seems to make it worse. My feet really weren't that bad to start off with. What's going to get rid of all this flaky skin?

Beelands Tue 28-Feb-17 11:19:52

This is what happens! Don't worry at all.... you're right in the middle of a footner process and it will all fall off and be lovely in short order. Keep up with the baths.

SleepFreeZone Tue 28-Feb-17 11:20:47

It's all good. Just don't pick at it as that will make for sore patches which is not good.

ThomasRichard Tue 28-Feb-17 11:25:38

Really? I hope you're right! At the moment I feel like I should have a bell to warn people I'm coming blush I have picked a lot a bit and yes, it's just sore. Does it really just all fall off?

SleepFreeZone Tue 28-Feb-17 11:30:05

Yep. Do not pick ☝️

ThomasRichard Tue 28-Feb-17 11:33:22

Argh, ok. How long is this going to take?

LadyOfTheCanyon Tue 28-Feb-17 12:11:54

Takes about a week from start to finish. I love picking at it. But then I'm an inveterate sunburn picker too

picklemepopcorn Tue 28-Feb-17 12:13:44

What's footner? My feet look a bit like that anyway...

ThomasRichard Tue 28-Feb-17 13:38:31

Link. Footner is basically a chemical peel for feet. You put the goo-filled plastic socks on for an hour and a week later all the dead skin on your feet starts falling off.

ThomasRichard Tue 28-Feb-17 13:41:35

Photo diary of the process, except I'm on day 14 with no sign of it ending sad

LonnyVonnyWilsonFrickett Tue 28-Feb-17 13:42:14

It doesn't work if you pick cos you're basically just tugging at the edges of the bits that are ready to come off and you never get the whole 'sheet' effect of giant patches just falling off.

Stop picking, keep soaking.

CheersMedea Tue 28-Feb-17 13:43:41

I've read lots of things about footner on here. Is it worth it?

Has the whole flavour of a gimmick to me. Anything that sloughs off lots of skin will give a temporary improvement but is it really any good for you?

ChampagneTastes Tue 28-Feb-17 13:48:55

Oooh I did Footner a couple of days ago and every time I take my socks off there is just a mass of dust. I don't know how you can say don't pick though - that's completely impossible.

Rockaby Tue 28-Feb-17 14:18:29

Not relevant to the OP, but to answer cheersmedea's question, I read loads about Footner on here. It didn't work for me, despite leaving on for extra time, soaking my feet every night and doing a second round as soon as I could. Mine peeled and peeled and peeled, but wound up exactly the same as they started angry. But my feet are really dry and hard (sexy). It probably works better on normal feet.

CheersMedea Tue 28-Feb-17 14:36:30

Thanks Rockaby - I've thought of trying it before but never really been persuaded. You kind of confirm my thoughts.

LonnyVonnyWilsonFrickett Tue 28-Feb-17 15:20:44

Champagne like the dwarves in the Lord of the Rings, I delved too deep and essentially couldn't walk for a week. Not shexy.

Laiste Tue 28-Feb-17 17:01:01

I did this in Jan. My feet were ok (i file them twice a week) but teen DDs were doing it and got me a pack and we did it together. 2 hours in the gooey boots.

It took 2 weeks to start peeling. When it started it started round my ankle bones confused Little bits kept peeling off randomly like yours OP for nearly 3 bloody weeks.

In all that time - the 2 weeks waiting to peel and then the 2/3 weeks of sort of peeling - i didn't do my usual foot filing 'cos i didn't know if should, and by the end of it all my feet started to get dry hard skin for the first time ever and were worse than before the treatment. sigh.

So - never again for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now