Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Girls school shoes that aren't easily ruined?

(12 Posts)
Helpinsuchapickle Tue 28-Feb-17 11:03:57

Dd is 8 and currently on her 3rd pair since September. Admittedly cheap supermarket shoes because I bought Clarks and they fell apart last year.

Can you recommend me some that won't be ruined in weeks please?

AliciaMayEmory Tue 28-Feb-17 11:41:33

DD (9yo) has these Doc Marten shoes. They were a bit big when she got them so had an insole in them, but they've lasted well over a year and still look new. I know some will not like them as they are quite chunky, but DD says they are really comfy. She also has the boots for winter and they've lasted a year too.

MrsHouseBrownie Tue 28-Feb-17 11:45:26

Second the DMs and also hush puppies, as the sole goes up over the front of the toes.

Sadik Tue 28-Feb-17 13:59:21

DD's been wearing this style of Startrite shoe for almost two full school years now and they're a bit scuffed but otherwise totally fine.
She's 14 and her feet have stopped growing but they do them in smaller sizes too. (Though I don't know whether the style would appeal to an 8 y/o.)
I gave up on Clarks because they never did more than a couple of terms - I also like startrite because they have good measuring tools online and I generally manage to get free delivery/free returns so can avoid shoe shopping hell!

UnderneaththeArchers Tue 28-Feb-17 14:25:15

Startrite shoes here and they seem to last 5 half terms each time. But I love those DM shoes, I had no idea they existed. DD has very narrow feet and tiny ankles so I bet they would be too big on her.....

NewPantsforaNewYear Tue 28-Feb-17 14:26:00

We got some black leather Skechers from Amazon. They were great - a sporty, mary jane style with a slight rubber covered toe.

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 28-Feb-17 14:28:15

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01H5K6G14/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1488292020&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=angry+angels+shoes+girls&tag=mumsnetforum-21

DD has the patent version of these. Have lasted pretty well

NewPantsforaNewYear Tue 28-Feb-17 14:28:26

Might have been these

sanitygirl Tue 28-Feb-17 15:37:20

These Start Rite ones are pricey, but my daughter has them and they look almost new (she's been wearing them since September)
www.startriteshoes.com/school-shoes/girls/impulsive-black-hi-shine-leather-girls-school-shoes
They're very tough

sanitygirl Tue 28-Feb-17 15:38:14

Ha just seen they are the same as the start rites linked to by the other posters above!

christinarossetti Tue 28-Feb-17 15:41:27

Kickers are also much more durable than Clarks.

A pair does my dd from September through to spring each year.

Helpinsuchapickle Tue 28-Feb-17 17:18:57

I got her some kickers with a thick sole. Fingers crossed.

She had Dr martens but it was the low ankle boot style and she wasn't allowed to wear them angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now