Talk

Advanced search

Epiduo causing dry skin

(8 Posts)
ktjb39 Tue 28-Feb-17 10:44:14

Does anyone have any experience of using epiduo please that could help? I've had awful skin and been prescribed epiduo which I have to say is doing an amazing job but leaves my skin like sandpaper - I feel like it's working well but the vain person in me doesn't want to go to work with red sandpaper skin - any tips greatly appreciated smile

ktjb39 Tue 28-Feb-17 13:46:32

Anyone? Please?

Yes it will - it's the benzyl peroxide I think that causes the drying. Are you using it every day? I use it at night now, but to start with every other night, as gave me sore red skin.

Things have settled down now, I also use La Roche Posay toleraine moisteriser which helps.

ktjb39 Tue 28-Feb-17 18:01:54

I'm using it every night at the moment maybe that's a bit much to start I may use it every other night. Did you find it worked well for you?

Yes, once I'd clocked that you need to use it regularly and all over spot prone areas, rather than as a treatment when spots crop up! I still get one or two hormonal spots but my skin is hugely better now.

Are you using a broad spectrum sunscreen too?

ktjb39 Tue 28-Feb-17 18:42:05

Yes I'm using sunscreen and my skin is drinking moisturiser in the mornings! Glad to hear it's worked for you thanks so much for the advice.

barcelo Tue 28-Feb-17 19:28:41

Don't use it every night. I was told to use it every other night - or even less often. Only a tiny dot of the stuff too. A little goes a long way.

One derm even told me that I could apply and then wash off after a couple of hours just to start gently. I didn't do that though.

ktjb39 Tue 28-Feb-17 20:40:33

Oh that's interesting I hadn't thought of putting it on then washing off a bit later. I think I'm going to just use it every other night and see how that goes. I'm pleased with how it's working to be honest but just a bit red and tight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now