Talk

Advanced search

Need advice on highlights / balayage, please! (with pic)

(2 Posts)
lemonylemons Tue 28-Feb-17 09:52:38

As you can see from the picture, my natural hair colour is a very mousy dark blonde. I used to have lots of fine highlights put in but it got quite expensive and I was never all that thrilled with the results anyways so eventually stopped and tried to make friends with the dirty blonde. Unfortunately, I don't think my current colour is very flattering so I'm ready to give it another shot.

Can anyone help me with what I would need to ask for to achieve a similar look to the pictures I posted? Just balayage or a combination of regular highlights and balayage?
Simply taking a picture to the hairdressers never seems to really work for me, I've always ended up with something completely different! I realise that I have fine, frizzy, frankly crappy hair and that I don't look anything like a model but do wish hairdressers would try a bit harder rather than just moan about my difficult hair and not really bother with it.

Kennington Tue 28-Feb-17 11:36:37

Get some messy hair salt spray and 'mens' hair putty
The messy mussed up look is great and you can have highlights less frequently
I like the look you want as it looks really cool!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now