Talk

Advanced search

Ladies over 35

(8 Posts)
hotchocnbiscuit Tue 28-Feb-17 04:10:32

What do you wear on a day to day basis? I'm a stay at home Mum, so I'm casual . However, I'm starting to feel frumpy and old!

highinthesky Tue 28-Feb-17 05:01:44

It's easy not to bother when you're at home on your own all day.

For practical reasons, it's jeans and lots of layers plus a gilet because I'm perpetually cold! It saves me from wasting brain space, and also saves on washing in the winter (to a degree).

These days I'm less concerned about how I look, although I'm presentable.

perfectlybroken Tue 28-Feb-17 05:08:49

I went back to work recently but was at home for 5 years and the temptation to hang around in pj's is always there. Mostly I would where wide leg jeans/linen trousers (skinny jeans make me look like a chicken leg), and jumper dresses/longish tops. I have long hair and always felt better for having in a clip or a plait, not just up in a bobble. As a disclaimer I should say that I love clothes but I don't really follow fashion, just enjoy wearing things I like.

BrillianaHarvey Tue 28-Feb-17 05:35:57

I really struggle with this. I love clothes but it feels ridiculous making a big effort when I'm spending the day at home.
So I try to leave the house every day and put make up on. Typically at the moment I will wear fab ankle boots (I have a silver pair I'm currently loving), jeans or black trousers (various kinds), a jumper that's not just a grey crewneck (dare I mention slogans?) and a coat that makes me happy.

Laiste Tue 28-Feb-17 09:02:04

SAHM also.

Winter - skinnies and slim fit v necks or jumper. Or mini skirt with opaues long boots and top/jumper.

Summer (ha ha) - last year discovered body con maxi skirts (soooooo comfy and slimming and cool and no worries about legs) with strappy vest tops. Or cotton A line skirt and vest top.

I think i look better in the winter. UNTIL i have to put a coat on and then i feel i look like a bloody barrel on skinny legs (big boobs).

Laiste Tue 28-Feb-17 09:03:23

Oh, meant to add i feel utterly shit if i haven't got my slap on and my hair done. So i do it every day for my own sake.

ilovetocook Tue 28-Feb-17 13:14:10

I'm mostly either in pj's ( i have issues that make going out difficult) or Lindy bop dresses on days i have to go out. Occasionally a skirt, skinny jeans or denim shorts/tights.

GVmama Tue 28-Feb-17 17:35:09

I usually wear slim fitting jeans, and on top I wear a base layer long sleeved tshirt under a fine knit jumper. I wear boots all through the winter (and most of spring and autumn too) I hate having cold feet!

My house is freezing so at home I add a fleece and wear slippers. The fleece stops my nice jumper getting snotty/ foody/ wet from washing up etc.

Occasionally I wear a skirt or dress, with opaque tights, and a jumper or blazer jacket over.

In warmer weather I swap the long sleeves for a t-shirt, and swap boots for converse or ballet pumps. It has to be baking for me to get my legs out.

Most of my clothing decisions seem to be based on warmth rather than fashion confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now