Talk

Advanced search

Cheap treats for £2-10 for birthday present

(13 Posts)
IvankaTrudeau Mon 27-Feb-17 20:33:30

I want to get my friend some nice makeup/toiletries for her birthday (she's in her 50s).
I want to get a few things, hence they all have to be low budget.
I'm thinking small things that get good reviews/cheap but nice stuff or little gimmicky things that you don't mind spending on as they're only a few quid.
Any ideas?

chanie44 Mon 27-Feb-17 20:52:49

If you have a Tiger store, they have nice

chanie44 Mon 27-Feb-17 20:53:41

... Stuff.

Ideas
Hand cream
A nice pen
Fold up shopping bag

Handbaghag Mon 27-Feb-17 20:57:03

What about some travel size things like hand cream, shampoo, conditioner from Tesco/super drug and a face mask, bath scrub etc

Rockaby Mon 27-Feb-17 21:19:59

www.superdrug.com/Hair/Hair-Treatments/Hair-Care-Oils/HASK-Argan-Oil-from-Morocco-Repairing-Hair-Shine-Oil-18ml/p/609801

This^^ is great for dryish hair.

glenthebattleostrich Mon 27-Feb-17 21:26:45

A nail file
Nail varnish
Face mask

Have a look on latest in beauty. They have big sample sizes of some really nice products.

wobblywonderwoman Mon 27-Feb-17 21:31:46

- A perfume decanter bottle for her handbag

-nice passport cover from primark(lots of good stuff actually)

-mug

-pretty keyring

-something for the car - air freshener

RJnomore1 Mon 27-Feb-17 21:33:30

There's still a few things in the sale on space nk. If you have a store near there's free collection and usually they throw in a sample or two.

I use the late summer sale for Xmas stockings it's great.

phoolani Mon 27-Feb-17 22:08:55

This stuff is fab - first time I used it I thought I'd accidentally photoshopped my hands. A tenner.

SesameSparkle Tue 28-Feb-17 01:14:05

On the back of the what's good to buy in waitrose thread, I just bought the olive oil soap from the little soap company. They also sell organic soap/handsoap/bubble bath with lavender or geranium essential oils, which are on offer for £2-£4 just now. I'd be delighted to get something like that as a gift.

esmaesmomma Tue 28-Feb-17 01:22:27

Black mask xxx

notnowfrank Tue 28-Feb-17 09:19:17

EOS lipbalm in the little bubble shape (£6 ish)
Fun Korean sheet masks from TK Maxx (£5 ish)
GOSH lipliner - use all over lips for unbudgeable lipstick, a top tip from the Beauty Bible! (£5 ish)
Seche Vite topcoat from TK Maxx (£3.99 usually, rather than £9 in Boots)

IvankaTrudeau Tue 28-Feb-17 15:57:21

Some really nice ideas on here, thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now