Talk

Advanced search

Foundation/concealer etc overhaul

(10 Posts)
nonameinspiration Mon 27-Feb-17 13:52:27

I met a hairdresser this morning with amazing make up. I reckon she is 45-50 and her make up was so so flattering I'm very jealous and realise I need to make more effort.
She had quite pale skin but the make up was very brightening and light reflecting and even a bit dewy. My bb cream and shimmer powder looks very flat in comparison. It kind of looked light touché eclat kind of effect.

What can I try for similar effect?

Softkitty2 Mon 27-Feb-17 14:08:25

Becca shimmering skin perfector, charlotte tilbury wonderglow, mac strobe cream-- highlighters when done correctly gives a fresh face look..

BettyBaggins Mon 27-Feb-17 14:14:20

I don't have an recommendations but am also keen to update my foundation so watching what suggestions you get!

mowglik Mon 27-Feb-17 14:25:09

Get samples of popular light reflecting/dewy type foundations. You can get a touché eclat foundation which is quite nice. Also recommend hourglass foundation, dior star and high st recs are Rimmel wake me up or maybelline healthy mix. Also a cream blusher as opposed to powder.

Applying it all with a damp beauty blender seems to give me that dewy look with a bit of powder on oily areas

retainertrainer Mon 27-Feb-17 15:00:22

Did you ask her what she uses? If you meet her again be brave and ask,I'm sure she'd love the compliment.

nonameinspiration Mon 27-Feb-17 16:19:38

Right I'm getting samples of everything. I did notice it was very very well match shade wise and not very dusty looking or heavy so guessing pp is right about the application. She kind of looked like meryl Streep in devil wears Prada but brighter up close

nonameinspiration Tue 28-Feb-17 19:03:49

I e bought some Rimmel highlighter today I'm v excited!

Deathraystare Wed 01-Mar-17 11:10:59

Ask her!!

PenelopeParmesan Wed 01-Mar-17 11:14:13

I've been using the red top Rimmel one but find it feels a bit claggy, I've just started using the loreal Lumi magic one and it's lovely. Feels light on the skin and I look a bit less haggard. It's quite cheap as well

PenelopeParmesan Wed 01-Mar-17 11:15:06

I do chuck a bit of MAC soft and gentle on top of cheekbones as well. Not cheap but quite nice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now