Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a natural deodorant

(33 Posts)
maplesyruppancakes Mon 27-Feb-17 11:45:00

I wondered if anyone could recommend a natural deodorant. I am keen to avoid anti perspirants with aluminium and lots of other chemicals.

I tried Pitrok and really liked it. It seemed to reduce sweating and when I did sweat a bit it didn't smell at all unpleasant. Unfortunately after using it for a week or so I started to develop redness and soreness under the arms which got worse and is now much better as I have stopped using it for a couple of days. It's frustrating as it was great otherwise!

Can anyone suggest something else that is natural but takes away any odour and smells pleasant or just of nothing as Pitrok?

SaudadeObama Mon 27-Feb-17 11:49:27

Can't you just use bicarbonate of soda? My 11 year old uses it. It doesn't smell though.

squiz81 Mon 27-Feb-17 12:01:52

No unfortunately! I think I've tried them all and they all stop working! I may just be very smelly.

I used the weleda citrus spray for a while that worked for ages. Don't use it after shaving though it really stings!!

The lush deodorant bar is nice, but crumbly and messy.

ellesbellesxxx Mon 27-Feb-17 12:03:33

The neals yard ones are lovely.. pricey but really good and make you feel clean!

BagelGoesWalking Mon 27-Feb-17 13:08:12

Some here https://suneetacosmetics.co.uk/collections/deodorants I haven't tried them yet so can't recommend it, but the things I have tried have been very good and smell lovely smile

45DegreestoReality Mon 27-Feb-17 13:10:04

I like the Lush powder one "The Greeench". The scent is something I assume is love or hate (sage and teatree) but I like it!

It's good and absorbent, but obviously does not stop you sweating as it's not an antiperspirant.
I can't comment on the other Lush ones I'm afraid.

FledglingFTB Mon 27-Feb-17 13:13:49

I didn't get on with the Lush bar, the texture dried out and was super abrasive. Very dry so I binned it

NannyR Mon 27-Feb-17 13:15:12

I've used pitrok deodorant for years and find it very effective. I don't find it reduces sweat but it stops it smelling.
I found that it did irritate my skin and worked out that if you leave it damp, it gets tiny crystals developing on the surface which scratch your skin, then it stings and itches if the pitrok goes on broken skin. I dry it off with a towel after using it and I no longer have any irritation.

ISpeakJive Mon 27-Feb-17 13:16:20

I use the Crystal deodorants

www.amazon.co.uk/Crystal-Deodorant-Stick-125-g-x/dp/B000ZMAR6K?tag=mumsnetforum-21

I don't seem to smell when I use them but I'm not a very sweaty person anyway!

MintyChops Mon 27-Feb-17 13:48:55

This is brilliant.

WaitrosePigeon Mon 27-Feb-17 14:56:03

Definitely recommend Neal's Yard.

Mrs9C Mon 27-Feb-17 16:25:41

I've tried Neals Yard, Salt of the Earth, a blue roll on one thats very cheap, you can buy it in Tesco, but I can't remember what it's called, less than £3 anyway, and also the Sure one that's 0%. Each of them were ok for the first month, then don't use anymore, even after a break. Don't know if it's my body or what, but I would really hesitate to recommend a natural one now.

Mrs9C Mon 27-Feb-17 16:26:06

don't WORK anymore *

Swimminguphill Mon 27-Feb-17 17:17:03

I use this one: Tom's of Maine I think it works well but if I have a stressful/long travel work day I revert back to the chemical ones because it works fine for everyday but isn't exactly industrial strength!

bummymummy77 Mon 27-Feb-17 17:22:06

Not sure if they do them in the U.K. but the Honest companies deodorants are LOVELY.

bummymummy77 Mon 27-Feb-17 17:22:45

Toms just makes my sweat smell like lavender. grin

TheLittlePaperbagPrincess Mon 27-Feb-17 17:54:26

Salt of the Earth, large solid crystal one. Or the Crystal brand spray one ( with purple label).

MiniMaxi Mon 27-Feb-17 18:02:46

Do you have problems with the pitrok spray or just the rock itself? I gave up on the rocks as it made my underarms sore but the sprays are good (tend to use salt of the earth now)

Methenyouplus4 Mon 27-Feb-17 19:04:52

I have tried most of those listed here except Toms/Honest and revert back to Mitchum. I am a total sweaty mare though.

preciouspig Mon 27-Feb-17 19:55:36

Lush 'the greeench' deodrant powder

FiddleFigs Mon 27-Feb-17 20:02:27

I use Bionsen and think it's brilliant. Not sure how natural it is - it uses "Japanese spa minerals", whatever they are. But it is free of parabens and aluminium. It's a deoderant, rather than an antiperspirant.

maplesyruppancakes Mon 27-Feb-17 22:07:16

So many suggestions, fantastic. Thank you!
I have ordered one of the suggestions to try already.

minimaxi- I have only tried to Pitrok crystal so the spray would definitely be worth a try as I liked it very much other than the reaction!

MiniMaxi Tue 28-Feb-17 00:05:04

smile hope you find something you like!

VallarMorghulis Tue 28-Feb-17 00:42:59

I like the DrOrganic ones from Holland and Barrett, there's lots of different versions (lavender, rose, royal jelly, honey, and others I can't remember)

MadisonMontgomery Tue 28-Feb-17 14:01:33

I use Piper Wai deodorant - started getting sore from normal ones and saw this on instagram. Thought it would be gimmicky and rubbish but I actually really like it, it does come from abroad but quite fast & cheap delivery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now