Talk

Advanced search

If you wear make up everyday, how long does it take to do ?

(36 Posts)
LardLizard Sun 26-Feb-17 22:11:08

Can do everything ft except eyeshadow

Can't seem to perfect the outer v, very well

LoupGarou Sun 26-Feb-17 22:30:21

If I'm just doing casual make up about five minutes to put on bb cream, mascara, eye-shadow, eyeliner and blusher. I always do smoky eye makeup, (though not OTT for daytime, sort of casual smoky if that makes sense) as I have black irises and I look like an Area 51 escapee if I do neutral eye make up.

If I'm going out somewhere I spend about ten minutes and make a nicer job of it. If I'm going on an evening out I can take up to an hour as I find it pampering.

A makeup artist once told me to always brush eye-shadow towards the middle of the eyelid, so from the edges in on both sides. It really helped me doing it that way

Phoebesgift Sun 26-Feb-17 22:34:05

About 10 minutes. Wear foundation, blusher, eyeliner, mascara and concealer. Apply my lippy just as I'm leaving the house usually.

WatchingFromTheWings Sun 26-Feb-17 22:34:35

I can do foundation, powder, bronzer, eyeliner, mascara and eyebrows in about 5 minutes. If I'm going out I'll also do base eyeshadow and 3 colour eyeshadow with winged eyeliner. Maybe takes 10 minutes.

buckeejit Sun 26-Feb-17 22:35:06

Oh I like the sound of that tip.

10 mins for me but just bought the Laura geller baked foundation to speed things up-it's ok. That, blusher & liner/mascara then lipstick

TheBitterBoy Sun 26-Feb-17 22:42:43

About five minutes - primer, cc cream, blusher, eyeliner, mascara, eyebrow pencil. Lippy / tinted balm on the way to the car. Much longer for evening if I'm cracking out the eyeshadow!

StylishDuck Sun 26-Feb-17 22:43:21

For everyday it takes me about 5 mins (primer, tinted moisturiser, powder, blusher, eyeshadow, mascara)
For going out I like to take my time so around 20 mins (primer, foundation, cream blush, powder, highlighter, bronzer, blusher, eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, lipstick) If I was in a rush I could do it in 10 but I think it looks better if I take my time.

luckycatclover Sun 26-Feb-17 22:45:17

Up to 25 minutes, face (foundation, concealer, bronzer etc) takes about 5-10 but winged eyeliner and eyeshadow takes up lots of time! I wear that most days. If I'm in a hurry I bypass eyeshadow.

LardLizard Sun 26-Feb-17 22:45:36

Seems to me, the more you wear make up the faster you get at it

thenightsky Sun 26-Feb-17 22:46:09

10 mins.

But I don't wear foundation. Just under eye concealer. Shadow on lids. Liner and mascara. done.

HelsinkiLights Sun 26-Feb-17 22:47:04

In a rush about 10 mins.
Normal speed 17 mins. (I timed myself.)
Leisurely speed (i.e.faffing around nearer 25 mins.)
I must add though I do the full works & can last 24 hrs or more if needed to.

BretonTop Sun 26-Feb-17 22:48:46

Under ten mins. Liquid foundation, concealer, mascara, eyebrows/pomade, bit of blusher and lip gloss.

If I'm going out it can take up to 45mins as I'm not very adept at eyeshadow or eyeliner (in fact I'm 35 and still can't do eyeliner properly!).

Losgunna Sun 26-Feb-17 22:51:36

I don't wear it every day because my skin can't handle it but I do wear it most days.

Moisturiser, primer, concealer, powder, blusher, mascara and eyeliner takes me about five minutes.

Lippy and eyeshadow get added for going out and then it takes about 20 (with lots of hiding of eye bags and blending involved)

chatnanny Sun 26-Feb-17 22:51:36

Unless I'm ill, every day I do (in order) foundation, eye liner (top only), mascara, lipstick and dot of blusher in 2-3 minutes. Lipstick is long lasting lipfinity so rest of day just use top coat to moisturise lips. Once done I'm not a mirror gazer.

crazypenguinlady Sun 26-Feb-17 22:53:27

Everyday (as in around the house, maybe popping to the shop, etc) about 5 minutes. That's for BB cream, concealer, powder, mascara, eyebrows, blusher.

If going out for the day, meal out, date with DP or something, probably about 15-20. Foundation, concealer, powder, highlighter, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, blusher, eyebrows. Lipstick goes on just before leaving the house. If I'm going out for the day, eyeshadow etc is obviously lighter but like to do smoky eyes with blending etc for going out in the evening.

There's also a middle ground between the two for other occasions which take about 10.

Judydreamsofhorses Sun 26-Feb-17 22:54:57

Weekdays about five/ten minutes. At weekends I like to take a bit longer, but ten/15 max.

Chickydoo Sun 26-Feb-17 23:00:09

2-3 mins

Foundation.
Blusher
Lipgloss
Mascara
Done

BlessYourCottonSocks Sun 26-Feb-17 23:09:07

2/3 mins - but I just slap on blusher, lipstick and mascara and that does me. I only bother with foundation if I'm out for a night. The stuff for work is just to look vaguely like I bothered. smile

Kelsoooo Sun 26-Feb-17 23:21:16

Er. About fourty five minutes for day face and 60 for night out face. Primer, eyebrows, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, colour correction, liquid foundation, concealer, contour, bake, blusher and highlighter.

RedMetamorphosis Sun 26-Feb-17 23:22:46

Work make up takes 10 mins.
Going out make up takes 30-40 mins.

HelsinkiLights Sun 26-Feb-17 23:28:50

Kel are you are perfectionist or work for Chanel, Dior, Guerlain etc or someone famous?

shesaidhello1 Sun 26-Feb-17 23:31:28

I must be really slow! blush takes me 20 mins on a work day - foundation, concealer, blusher mascara etc. No eye shadows Monday to Friday. Going out makeup can easily take me 45 mins! To the people who take 5-10 mins pls share your tips!

sofiainwonderland Mon 27-Feb-17 06:43:32

Less than 5 mins whether in a rush or not.

📌foundation
📌concealer
📌mascara
📌eyebrow powder
📌lippy/lip gloss

Laiste Mon 27-Feb-17 09:12:43

Between 5 and 10 mins.

Yes, like anything else the more often you do it the quicker you get.

I wear make up every single day, the whole works, but it's always the same basic set of stuff and it's routine. I keep it in descending order in one of those perspex chest of draw things on top of my dressing table with a good magnifying mirror plonked on top 'cos i struggle to see detail without it these days with everything easy to grab and put back. Makes it quicker than fumbling about in a make up bag or a normal draw.

U2HasTheEdge Mon 27-Feb-17 10:07:24

10 minutes for a full face.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now