Talk

Advanced search

Can maghogany hair look good? Or is it dated and unnatural

(14 Posts)
LardLizard Sun 26-Feb-17 21:48:30

Plus do you think you need to wear daily make up with it ?

HesSpartacus Sun 26-Feb-17 21:52:40

Personally, I hate it (I call it post-menopausal purple grin ).

However - I think its associations with Sharon Osborne have scarred me for life. I presume that's the shade you mean?

Glossolalia Sun 26-Feb-17 21:54:55

What does mahogany hair look like? Do you have an example?

bojorojo Sun 26-Feb-17 21:57:41

Yes it is dated. A rich chestnut brown with a bit of dark auburn is more classy!

CrazyGreyhoundLady Sun 26-Feb-17 22:02:54

Mahogany hair can look brilliant depending on the shade/cut. Mines like the picture (google picture not me) and I certainly don't wear makeup every day.

LardLizard Sun 26-Feb-17 22:03:46

Bojo, maybe that's what I'm after then rich brown chestnut with a bit of dark auburn

Got brown hair and fancy a bit of a change thinking of going reddish or lighter

LardLizard Sun 26-Feb-17 22:05:23

Crazy do you get that done in salon ?

CrazyGreyhoundLady Sun 26-Feb-17 22:09:40

No chance, my hairs almost to my bum and would cost £80ish every 8 weeks! I use superdrugs own boxed dye, its wonderful stuff and always leaves my hair soft and shiny, everyone asks where I have it done though so don't tell anyone its a box dye! (And a cheap one at that!) wink

Alice212 Sun 26-Feb-17 22:47:51

I thought mahogany was dark brown?!

neveradullmoment99 Sun 26-Feb-17 23:46:18

I dye my hair with henna. Its a beautiful and natural shade of red. I mix it with indigo. It has beautiful undertones when the sun hits it. It is also second to none condition wise.

Laiste Mon 27-Feb-17 09:20:31

Can you show a pic of what you mean OP?

MorningHeavyWeight Mon 27-Feb-17 10:16:31

Is mahogany dark brown with red or dark brown with purple? I like both, however I notice that make up does make all the difference. In particular, eyebrows usually need filling in as they can look more patchy. Also, I don't think this hair colour looks good next to black clothes for paler complexions.

MrsPMT Mon 27-Feb-17 12:08:06

There's a mum local to me with hair like this pic, looks fab. She is quite striking though and def looks after her appearance (not a scruff like me!)

StillMedusa Wed 01-Mar-17 19:46:36

I'm afraid I think of it as 'Dinner Lady colour' due to the fact that several of the dinner ladies where I work have mahogany hair.! (all over 60 tho so the post menopausal purple!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now