Talk

Advanced search

Can people with brown eyes look good with blonde hair or highlights

(41 Posts)
LardLizard Sun 26-Feb-17 21:47:03

Or do the brown eyes make it look not right ?

iamapixiebutnotaniceone Sun 26-Feb-17 21:48:47

I have brown eyes and suit lighter hair better than dark. You need to get the right shade for your skin tone though x

Notagainmun Sun 26-Feb-17 21:50:24

I born with dark brown eyes and very blond hair and now highlight my hair and think I look quite attractive.

HesSpartacus Sun 26-Feb-17 21:50:31

Well, Olivia Palermo seems to manage with them without looking too minging grin - oh, Gwen Stefani also have brown eyes (I think).

You just need to get the shade right for your skin tone. Go for an ash blonde if you have pinky skin and a golden blonde if you have yellow toned skin.

HesSpartacus Sun 26-Feb-17 21:51:00

*has

CremeEggThief Sun 26-Feb-17 21:51:42

I think blonde hair and brown eyes looks striking, because it's so unusual. Go for it!

LardLizard Sun 26-Feb-17 21:51:46

Certainly yellow based skin for me

wonderlustt Sun 26-Feb-17 21:52:50

It can look amazing, but equally it's due to more than just eye colour, like depending on your skin tone it might wash you out- my sister looked beautiful with brown eyes & blonde hair, i, on the other hand, looked dreadful

LoupGarou Sun 26-Feb-17 21:53:29

Carrie Underwood looks beyond gorgeous with blonde hair and brown eyes, she's my girl crush. I have black eyes and (naturally) very pale blonde hair and I am always being stopped and told how striking it looks.

LoupGarou Sun 26-Feb-17 21:53:59

I have olive-ish skin too, meant to add.

bojorojo Sun 26-Feb-17 21:54:22

Yes. My DD looks $1m. She is only 21 though. She has dark eyebrows too. It is a certain "look" but wouldn't suit an older woman in my view. You see quite a few youngish girls with this look.

LardLizard Sun 26-Feb-17 21:55:14

Gwen staffanis looks v harsh to me, although I suppose that's full on bleached rather than highlights

bojorojo Sun 26-Feb-17 21:55:42

The grey blonde look is popular too.

Bluebell9 Sun 26-Feb-17 21:56:09

Both me and my DSis naturally have brown eyes and blonde hair. I've got darker eyes and my hair is more golden. My DSis has lighter eyes and lighter hair. We both suit blonde hair, I look really washed out if I go darker.

LardLizard Sun 26-Feb-17 21:58:14

I don't know who some of these people are, will google !

justnowords Sun 26-Feb-17 21:58:59

yes. Id say skin tone is more important than eye colour, and even then, its just a case of the getting the blonde tone right. Im half asian, very dark brown eyes, and have been blonde but stopped as upkeep was too expensive and was ruining my hair.

Lambbone Sun 26-Feb-17 22:02:14

I have brown eyes, and until I was in my early 20s my hair was naturally golden blonde. Those were the days!

It got darker as I got older, but stupidly, I still think of myself as blonde. More grey than anything these days sad

GotToGetMyFingerOut Sun 26-Feb-17 22:18:16

My eldest daughter has naturally blonde hair and brown eyes. So yes.

polyhymnia Mon 27-Feb-17 19:03:45

Yes, definitely. I have brown eyes and naturally dark blonde hair which, over the years, has been highlighted in various shades. Currently honey blonde with a few creamier highlights. All seems to go with my skin tone.

TheDevilMadeMeDoIt Mon 27-Feb-17 19:33:31

Dark brown eyes, naturally auburn/chestnut hair (never dyed in my life!) pale skin and freckles. I look HELL blonde. Used to do some theatre, in one play it was central to my character that she was blonde. Come the tech rehearsal and the first day of costume (hired). Put the wig on - and several of us spent the night well into the small hours rewriting it so that it was no longer essential for me to be blonde.

Of course it may have been the wrong sort of blonde, or it may be skintone rather than eyes (and eyebrows - they looked all sorts of wrong) but I scared myself in the mirror, let alone small children and nervous adults.

Laiste Tue 28-Feb-17 08:50:21

My DD4 has honey blonde hair and her father's gorgeous big brown eyes and she's lovely grin

I used to have a really pretty friend in my class at primary school who had blonde/brown, and even at age 7 or 8 we were all jealous could all see she was going to be lovely when she grew up.

burnishedsilver Tue 28-Feb-17 09:38:26

I didn't know there was anything particularly unusual about blonde hair with brown eyes.

youvegottobekidding Tue 28-Feb-17 10:51:08

Yes and no. I have brown eyes, my natural colour was a golden auburn. I have a fair, slightly freckly complextion. I have tried being blonde (any shade) a few times & I look dreadful. Yet I can carry off very dark brown/black very well. I know other fellow natural redheads, who have died their hair blonde, yet look amazing, although they have green & blue eyes. One of my friends had dark hair, brown eyes & went blonde, didn't suit her at all.

On the other hand there are plenty of brown-eyed blondes that look great. Another friend had black hair, again brown eyes & went platinum blonde, really suited her. I think it depends on your skin tone & shade of blonde.

JanetStWalker Tue 28-Feb-17 15:18:44

Jessica Simpson and Britney Spears have lovely colouring, very pretty but perhaps not the most elegant...or maybe that's just them?

Botanicbaby Tue 28-Feb-17 16:42:40

I've got blonde hair and I'd love to have brown eyes! Everyone I've ever met with this combination has always looked stunning envy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now