Talk

Advanced search

Wearing maternity pants but not pregnant wwyd

(13 Posts)
lasttimeround Sun 26-Feb-17 19:06:01

I have fibroids - lots. Hysterectomy planned this summer but have what is delightfully termed a bulky uterus. About 4- 5 months in size. I start the day fairly flat but by about 3pm am very distended around the belly.
I've been struggling. Ive been big round the middle for years but recently its much more. The distension itself is painful but also I go up a clothes size or two as the day goes on. Things pinch and press awfully or sag and slide down.
Anyway this weekend desperate for comfort and unhappy with how I look I bought some baggy ovoid dresses. They are OK but get too short as the belly rises - and I bought them large.
Todey I have also bought some maternity pants and think these may be the answer. I put them on and was just so "ahhh they actually fit".
Can I just wear maternity clothes for a while do you think? Is this just inviting endless amounts of social awkwardness? Maybe I'm over thinking this (i can't have more children but I'm OK with it now)
Is this totally wierd of me? I think I will be big around the belly for a fair whole even after the op. I like to look well dressed do could just wear mat clothes for a couple of years. Seems better than wearing ill fitting clothes...

JohnLapsleyParlabane Sun 26-Feb-17 19:06:47

I think it sounds very sensible.

mypoosmellsofroses Sun 26-Feb-17 19:10:43

I did before my hysterectomy and for a few weeks after too, comfort is paramount! Best wishes for your op and a speedy recovery!

Rockaby Sun 26-Feb-17 19:11:47

I agree; it sounds sensible to me. Whatever you are most comfortable in.

UpYaKilt Sun 26-Feb-17 19:12:52

I'm still wearing my very comfy breastfeeding bras a good year or so after weaning - shhh!

ShimmeringIce Sun 26-Feb-17 19:24:03

Who would know? Sounds perfect!

lasttimeround Sun 26-Feb-17 19:29:03

What a lovely nest of vipers you all are. Thank you. I feel more confident now that it's fine really and not nuts

ReginaGeorgeinSheepsClothing Sun 26-Feb-17 19:30:32

Wear away! I'm loathe to give up super comfy maternity stretchy waist jeans 7 months on!!

P1nkP0ppy Sun 26-Feb-17 19:35:30

Go for it op!
I did the same when waiting for my hysterectomy, and I wore stretchy waistband trousers/joggers with longer line tops. It's 100% fine and no more pants that slipped down - never mind VPL, I had Visible Pants!

Fuzzypeggy Sun 26-Feb-17 19:35:45

I hadn't a friend who wore maternity jeans all the time, not the over bump ones, just the ones with the elasticated waist. She'd never even had children, just liked the comfort factor. I think if comfort is important and it sounds like it is to you, then wear what the hell works for you. Mat wear sounds fine and I doubt anyone would know. I never knew about my friend until she told me.

Ilovewillow Sun 26-Feb-17 19:38:45

I would if I were you comfort is more important. You can loads of maternity wear which doesn't look like maternity wear either. Check out Isabella Oliver and Seraphina both lovely. Wishing you all the best for the op!

GVmama Sun 26-Feb-17 20:00:19

Definitely! I have a friend who had a gastric band and lost quite a lot of weight, but still has a lot of loose skin on her stomach, and she wears maternity jeans. You'd never know.

Go for it. (Tempted to get a pair myself for bloated tummy days!)

DancingHouse Sun 26-Feb-17 21:03:47

No-one will know you are maternity unless you tell them.

I own a maternity skirt and jumper, I have never been pregnant. I wear them because they fit me well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now