Talk

Advanced search

Deep conditioner reccommendations

(17 Posts)
Difford Sun 26-Feb-17 18:35:20

Just been to the hairdresser and she commented that my hair has become very dry and said I should use regular deep conditioning treatments. I feel like pampering myself so can anyone recommend a really good one?
I am mid-forties with naturally wavy long brown hair. Not coloured or heat damaged.
Thanks in advance!

hollinhurst84 Sun 26-Feb-17 18:36:29

Osmo hair mask, about a fiver on Amazon. Only thing that makes a noticeable difference to mine

lasttimeround Sun 26-Feb-17 18:39:06

Almond oil mixed into your usual or glycerin if the problem is lack of moisture.

MumBod Sun 26-Feb-17 18:41:04

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer

EggsEleven Sun 26-Feb-17 18:43:31

Another recommendation for Philip Kingsley Elasticizer here.

memyselfandaye Sun 26-Feb-17 18:55:16

Yes yes yes to Philip Kingsley Elasticizer it's brilliant stuff.

Difford Sun 26-Feb-17 19:37:08

Thanks all. I have tried elastisizer in the past but wasn't overly impressed, maybe I should give it another go.
Good tip about the almond oil/glycerine lasttime.

Difford Sun 26-Feb-17 19:41:56

Oslo hair mask seems to be aimed at chemically treated hair so not sure it is right for me.

Londonjam Sun 26-Feb-17 19:46:36

I like the tony and guy white pot - reconstruction mask for dry damaged hair

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Sun 26-Feb-17 19:47:37

I've been using a leave in conditioner, and it's been brilliant.
I have been avoiding them for years, but this one changed my mind.

It's the Mango Leave in by Klorane.

Lf803 Sun 26-Feb-17 19:49:07

You need olaplex no 3 find a salon who stocks it. It's actually amazing... it works!

Timeforbedithink Sun 26-Feb-17 19:50:36

I love Redken All Soft Heavy Cream. I have thick wavy hair.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Sun 26-Feb-17 19:52:24

Can you use Olaplex at home?

I don't think my salon offers it, but I don't want to change, because I'm happy with their cuts.

poisonedbypen Sun 26-Feb-17 20:00:33

You can walk into any salon & buy stuff! Mix almond oil & you usual conditioner. Warm in the microwave. Massage it in. Cover with plastic shower cap, plastic bag, cling film etc & a towel. Leave on for as long as possible before washing out. You could use coconut oil or olive oil too.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Sun 26-Feb-17 20:00:54

Thanks!

MasterAvoider Sun 26-Feb-17 20:29:08

Avocado oil. The stuff is amazing. You can buy it in Sainsburys and Waitrose. Apply to dry hair in the evening. Go to bed with an old towel on your pillow, wash hair in the morning, admire unrivalled softness.

Avocado oil is great for skincare too (unless you are prone to acne or breakouts, it's not recommended then).

Lf803 Sun 26-Feb-17 20:55:43

Olaplex no 3 is a treatment. You can use it at home. It no 1&2 that is used in colour or during a colour service. You can buy it from salon services or if there's a salon that uses olaplex they should be able to sell you the no 3 separately. It's expensive but you use hardly any.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now