Talk

Advanced search

Cos elasticated waist and cuffs trousers

(6 Posts)
FashionFiend Sun 26-Feb-17 12:56:13

I'm a sahm. I'm tired of wearing jeans every day so bought these Cos trousers in grey and back for a change. I'm fairly tall and slim. Thought they looked nice instore but now not so sure. I don't know what to wear with them! Any ideas?? Thanks

LanaorAna1 Sun 26-Feb-17 13:10:14

I've got these in wool. And I am fat so it makes looking good more difficult. Never fear!

You will look marv - plain white tee shirt, is all. Or a red one or a pink one, v seasonal chic. Poss non-blingy pendant necklace, sneakers, you're done. Oversized jacket/slouchy jumper if cold.

FashionFiend Sun 26-Feb-17 13:35:47

Awh thanks! Do you tuck in the tshirt?

plimsolls Sun 26-Feb-17 16:25:02

Agree. Plain white t-shirt or a striped one.
Or 3/4 length or bracelet sleeve jersey top
Either a shortish cardigan or an extra extra long one (just not one that ends where the trousers begin)
Loose-ish turtleneck or polo neck jumper would look nice. Perhaps in either cream, grey, navy, black (depending on which trousers you are wearing!)
Try tucking in at front only
Converse or stan smith style trainers.

I really like them

LanaorAna1 Sun 26-Feb-17 18:34:25

You do tuck, but loosely. V loosely, oh so casually. Half untucked is this season's dictat but I think that is cringemakingly try-hard.

I wear really thick sock and skate shoes sometimes too. Thick socks horrifyingly unchic - a hint of bedsock will never send your outfit to the top of the best dressed list - but delightfully cosy. Skate shoes ok.

Sleeveless coats and jackets do the trick for variations in outerwear. Miles nicer than they sound, too, esp as your arms do not get cold.

FashionFiend Sun 26-Feb-17 21:51:18

Thanks so much for all the tips, really appreciate it! LanaorAna1 I tried the casual half untucked tshirt look once and you're right it looks very try hard. smile Plimsolls you are so right about the cardi length. I tried the black trousers with a cardi which stopped at the waist of the trousers. All I could think was genie in the lamp! grin I have the hush nina cardi from last year which should work. I'll see if I can dig out a stripey top too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now