Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

under eye hollows?

(5 Posts)
dudsville Sun 26-Feb-17 10:29:59

I've been meaning to look this up and the thread on eye bags just reminded me. I've googled this and it says it's hereditary and a result of losing fat under that skin area (like that's where I need to lose fat!). It's so ageing and I can see that the skin there is just going to shrivel up. Anyone out there struggling with this and have any tips?

toomuchfaster Sun 26-Feb-17 10:34:42

Me! I've always had bags and have always worn glasses instead of contacts to hide them. I've tried eye cream in the past, but nothing helps. The only difference occasionally is when I'm dehydrated they look much worse. I'm resigned to them as I can't wear makeup to work.

dudsville Sun 26-Feb-17 10:38:12

It seems from what I gather from google that there isn't much that can be done (aside from surgery). It's not a nice thing is it TMF?! And I wouldn't worry about not being able to hide them with make up. I wear makeup and it doesn't do a thing to hide them. (And just to be clear, I'm not talking about dark circles - the skin under my eye is the same colour as the rest of my skin but just sunken. Ew. )

mowglik Sun 26-Feb-17 11:31:33

I have this, it's definitely hereditary as my ds has it as well and so do my nieces. On the plus side we never have eye bags (yet!)

Only thing that will make enough of a difference is fillers in that area. Cosmetically you can look up YouTube videos on hiding it with concealers which seems to work like magic in the videos don't know how it fares in real life!

Also maybe treatments that thicken the skin under the eye may help with keeping it from getting crepey so using retinol and other actives that claim to thicken skin may be worth a go in keeping that area smooth

dudsville Sun 26-Feb-17 12:24:27

Thanks for the suggestions Mowglik, I'll look into that. I never use any special creams but that's as far as I'm willing to go, the thought of fillers scares me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now