Talk

Advanced search

Night cream that doesn't cause spots

(10 Posts)
Purplehonesty Sun 26-Feb-17 09:31:06

I have quite dry skin and the only moisturiser I have found that suits me is Nivea day cream for dry skin. Anything else brings me out in spots.

I can't use it at night tho or the same thing happens. I've tried loads of night creams, oil of Olay, Nivea, Lancôme, L'Oréal but I wake up spotty.

So currently not using anything at night and wake up dry and looking like a granny.

I use simple cleanser and toner (again can't find anything else that doesn't irritate) and I have just ordered this to sort out my blackheads on chin and nose that I've had since I was 14....
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00OZEJ8R8/ref=oxscc_actimagee_1?smid=AX00DYH45O866&psc=1

Any suggestions for what to use at night? I want to wake up looking refreshed! I'm 36 btw drink plenty water and don't eat too much rubbish!

mamado Sun 26-Feb-17 09:37:08

I think Origins Nite-a-mins is the best night creme, it has never caused spots on me, whereas others have. Also it seems lovely and I'm convinced it makes me sleep better! smile

Purplehonesty Sun 26-Feb-17 09:37:49

Thank you! Will have a look at that today

mamado Sun 26-Feb-17 09:39:01

that was meant to be smells lovely!!!

Purplehonesty Sun 26-Feb-17 09:43:04

Going to ask origins if you can buy teeny sample that I could try for a night or two? I don't mind spending £35 if it's going to work but not if I have to chuck it away after two uses!
Don't know if they do that tho....

Gah81 Sun 26-Feb-17 09:44:54

Have you tried a serum first? Estee Lauder's Nightwear is fabulous and the only product I would consider spending that much money on... Or Clarins oils (Blue Lotus is fab) are excellent and have never broken me out.

mamado Sun 26-Feb-17 09:45:26

thats a great idea - nothing more annoying that wasting an expensive item. I find the counters are really stingy with samples whereas online you always get loads!

Purplehonesty Sun 26-Feb-17 09:48:09

Well yes indeed. Better for the environment too...😁

Purplehonesty Sun 26-Feb-17 09:48:32

Sorry I am a novice to all this, what would a serum do?

tigerdriverII Sun 26-Feb-17 09:50:14

I've recently bought some M&S Autograph night cream. My skin has never been better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now