Talk

Advanced search

Wedge court shoes

(8 Posts)
AnotheBloodyChinHair Sun 26-Feb-17 08:41:41

When spring comes I struggle to find work shoes once I'm out of boots and before it is warm enough for sandals. I can't wear flat shoes because I am really short (5.2") and my outfits simply look wrong. Traditional heels look silly on me; I don't know what it is but they make me look like a kid dressing up in her mum's clothes.

So I usually resort to wedges which I find comfortable and feel balance my look nicely. However, I compromise on the shoes themselves as they're pretty much always ugly, even by my own admission. I end up wearing them anyway because of comfort and because I achieve an overall look I'm comfortable with, but the actual shoes are not nice.

I hope I'm making sense. So anyway. I would like to find some non ugly wedge shoes and I thought perhaps someone out here could help me.

Requirements: no cork or espadrille wedge, no sling back, no peep toe, not too narrow a wedge (slightly wide feet).

Ideally I would like the shoe to have a bit of a platform as well as a wedge. Budget? I don't care! I'll pay anything, not because I'm wealthy but because I'm desperate.grin

IMissGin Sun 26-Feb-17 08:44:22

I'd always go Russell & Bromley for a wedge. However I'm not sure they'll meet your criteria... that's a pretty tall order to find something that's also nice to look at!

AnotheBloodyChinHair Sun 26-Feb-17 08:50:46

Thanks Imiss. Russell & Bromley are fantastic for summer wedges but they don't have anything suitable for this time of year unfortunately. Lots of cork and espadrilles. I actually don't mind the look of a wedge as long as it's not peep toe or sling back, I just know that no one else likes them! grin

BensonBunny Sun 26-Feb-17 09:29:27

Hobbs usually do a smart wedge, might be too narrow though

AnotheBloodyChinHair Sun 26-Feb-17 09:30:46

I like these ones but I don't know where to boiy them from online:

www.lyst.co.uk/shoes/michael-kors-rory-loafer-wedge-pumps-dark-dune-suede/

Hoppinggreen Sun 26-Feb-17 09:31:30

I have a lovely comfy ( and I think quite stylish) pair of suede wedges from Gabor.
Look good with trousers and skirts

Brillenbar Sun 26-Feb-17 09:35:56

Clarks? www.clarks.co.uk/p/26124215 Or www.clarks.co.uk/p/26120076

I think the fundamental problem is that any low heel wedge court shoe is going to look a bit sevicable m.johnlewis.com/l-k-bennett-esmeralda-wedge-heeled-court-shoes/p/3138414 this is so much more elegant or this m.johnlewis.com/l-k-bennett-alex-two-part-wedge-heeled-court-shoes/p/2563322

Have you tried a pointed flat shoe instead? They can be elegant something like m.boden.co.uk/en-gb/clearance/womens-shoes-boots/flats/ar717/womens-scallop-point or www.hobbs.co.uk/product/display?productID=0216-DG04-048H010&productvarid=0216-DG04-048H010-BLACK-37&refpage=search/results

LittleMysMoominMamma Sun 26-Feb-17 09:50:31

I have a similar requirement and I'm really tempted by these at the moment...
www.mytheresa.com/en-gb/rockstud-leather-wedges-634920.html?catref=category

I know they're expensive, but they're so pretty and versatile grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now