Talk

Advanced search

Navy Dress and Shoes

(15 Posts)
DurhamDurham Sun 26-Feb-17 08:37:20

I've got to attend meeting next Tuesday at work, it's important that I look smart and professional. I work for a voluntary organisation and my usual attire is somewhat casual; dress, thick tights and ankle boots or skinny jeans and a cardigan are my preferred choices.
I've got a navy dress which is lovely, it's smart yet comfortable and yesterday I bought some very plain navy shoes.
So what I need to know if what colour tights? If it was summer and my legs were bruise free I might have got away with bare legs but sadly this is not the case and my legs look hideous.

DurhamDurham Sun 26-Feb-17 08:39:09

Here's a pic of the dress and shoes

Samatamfabahaba Sun 26-Feb-17 08:43:00

Anything but navy. Nude? Or slap some fake tan on the visible bits of your legs and go nekked legged?

Brillenbar Sun 26-Feb-17 08:44:05

Imho you just need nude tights marks bare cooling or something similar. Navy never matches and anything else will not look polished if that is the look you are going for. If you really want bare legs and can't stand nude tights, then sally Hansen airbrush legs is a sort of leg make up which works really well to cover blemishes

Best of luck with the meeting

DurhamDurham Sun 26-Feb-17 08:46:01

I wish I could but I banged my leg on the bed yesterday morning and have a huge bruise just below the knee so it would be visible.
Would nude tights look horrendous? Should I go a shade lighter or darker if I can't find colour of my actual skin?

Samatamfabahaba Sun 26-Feb-17 08:48:04

They wouldn't look horrendous at all, no.

Brillenbar Sun 26-Feb-17 08:53:17

I go a shade darker ( marks shade "suntan"). The sally Hansen stuff will cover a bruise

DurhamDurham Sun 26-Feb-17 08:53:23

Thanks, think I was worrying about my mum's American tan look back in the 80's! grin I'll be sure to stay away from that.

Brillenbar Sun 26-Feb-17 08:59:32

I know it won't win any style cred on here but if you google princess Kate of Middleton she always wears the bare look sheer tights thing and I think it just looks polished it is because the tights are so fine that it looks okay. Hers are apparently from John Lewis

29redshoes Sun 26-Feb-17 10:29:51

Yes, just go with nude tights. I remember when they were seen as very very unfashionable a few years back but they seem much more acceptable now.

Maybe it's the duchess of cambridge effect or maybe I'm just older now so my peers are less worried about looking cool! Bare legs in this weather would be bonkers IMO.

CointreauVersial Sun 26-Feb-17 10:37:20

I'd probably wear navy opaques, but don't listen to me!

Specialagentblond Sun 26-Feb-17 10:47:47

I have this problem with navy. I would usually suggest some tan/nude ankle boots or shoes with nude legs. Grey may also match, or pick out the cream in the trimming but could look a bit wedding guest.

If you go for the navy shoes, you can accessorise to lift the look.

Lovely dress x

Kr1stina Sun 26-Feb-17 11:44:51

I'm with Cointreau , didn't realise I was so unstylish 😰😭😢

DurhamDurham Sun 26-Feb-17 11:59:14

Nude tights it is then, thanks for all the help and advice smile

The dress is from M&S which I'm not a huge fan of (except for the Food Hall!) but I think the dress is lovely, it looks better on than it does hanging on the hanger.

FreeNiki Sun 26-Feb-17 12:03:09

It is a lovely dress. M&S do natural tan sheer tights that are a shade darker than nude.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now