Talk

Advanced search

March day wedding guest maternity dress

(15 Posts)
TestingTestingWonTooFree Sat 25-Feb-17 17:39:32

I don't really want to buy anything for a wedding we're going to next month, but the dresses I've got are either evening or day/work. I will have to wear flats and my work dresses are mostly plain coloured jersey which don't feel very special. I think my options are to try and dress one of these up or shell out for something new.

I'm a size 16 with massive boobs - currently a 36j. My bottom half is usually about a 12 but I'll be about 32 weeks pregnant and it's 2nd time around so I'm quite big.

Any thoughts?

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sat 25-Feb-17 17:42:27

My normal style tends to be fitted rather than floaty but I'm not thin/toned enough for bodycon. I like 50s 60s styles. I have pale skin, dark hair and favour bright colours over pastels. I don't mind florals but nothing too girly/cutesy. DH hates lace so I avoid it.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sat 25-Feb-17 17:43:28

I have this but haven't worn it yet. Not sure if it's weddingy enough.

EggsEleven Sat 25-Feb-17 17:45:08

I got a maternity dress from Asos when I was pregnant and went to a wedding.

Over 300 to chose from so hopefully they'll be something that you'll like.
m.asos.com/women/maternity/cat/?cid=5813&refine=attribute_900:1465¤tpricerange=5-130&pgesize=50

MalibuSeafood Sat 25-Feb-17 17:47:20

I've heard good things about Purpless dresses though don't have one myself - they seem very reasonably priced and lots of wrap styles you could accessorise.

EggsEleven Sat 25-Feb-17 17:48:36

I think with the right accessories & shoes you could make that dress you posted weddingy. There's no point buying something new that you'll never wear again if you don't have to.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sat 25-Feb-17 17:59:20

I also have this but have work it loads in the office so it doesn't feel at all special.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sat 25-Feb-17 18:00:11

I have something in this style but with long sleeves and more of a bluer/Cadbury purple.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sat 25-Feb-17 18:02:26

Eggs I had a look through asos earlier and nothing really grabbed me.

I've bought purpless tops before and they were bargains (once you got over the horrible smell of the dye).

EggsEleven Sat 25-Feb-17 18:06:39

Out of the three that you've put pics up of, I think the last one could be dressed up the most for a wedding.

Blueroses99 Sat 25-Feb-17 18:07:03

I love Tiffany Rose maternity dresses, and there are dresses that have just been worn once on eBay.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sat 25-Feb-17 18:44:49

Had looked at Tiffany rose on eBay and nothing grabbing me in my size at the moment, but will check again in a couple of days. At the moment there's a lot of lace or dresses that didn't look like they'd accommodate huge boobs.

If I wore the purple jersey dress with a knot front I have shoes that match pretty well with a big rose on the front. Guess I could get a contrasting handbag and hair thing/fascinator.

Blueroses99 Sat 25-Feb-17 20:04:56

The purple knot dress is gorgeous and could definitely be dressed up or down so could be worn again.

I've just bought a Tiffany Rose dress for my sister's wedding in May as I'm maid of honour, and it is very generous in both the boob and bump areas (I'm currently 38E but it will accommodate further growth). Though if you don't want lace, it might not be right for you anyway!

fabulous01 Sat 25-Feb-17 20:07:31

I would add some accessories to what you have. I have been at weddings where people went in jeans. You will be glowing whatever you wear but will want to be comfy

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sat 25-Feb-17 22:54:27

There's a real chance I'll be grumpy and harassed, but no dress will cure that! Maybe an exciting handbag will make it work for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now