Talk

Advanced search

Flats but not ballet flats

(9 Posts)
TeachingPostQuery Sat 25-Feb-17 17:26:33

I've recently moved jobs and the dress code is casual - jeans and nice jumper sort of thing. My last job was corporate so I don't have enough casual clothes and am trying to expand my wardrobe/adapt my old stuff.

One place I'm struggling is shoes. I can wear jeans, and in winter it's fine - skinnies and flat boots, job done. I don't know what to do for summer though - ballet flats are no good for me as I can't really wear slip ons and need a bit more support as I walk at least 4 miles as part of my commute. Also, skinny jeans don't really suit me without boots so I need to move to bootcuts/flares. I like converse but they seem a little casual.

Help!

ememem84 Sat 25-Feb-17 17:32:30

Loafers? I walked past Dorothy Perkins the other day and they had some cute ones. I'll try to find a link

ememem84 Sat 25-Feb-17 17:33:29

Actually tons of cute flats here

m.dorothyperkins.com/en/dpuk/category/shoes-boots-4849364/flats-1979102?currentPage=3

UnicornMadeOfPinkGlitter Sat 25-Feb-17 17:35:05

Loafers, brogues, slipper style shoes.

MichaelSheensNextDW Sat 25-Feb-17 20:32:47

Trainers to walk in and keep some dressier flats at work or take in your bag?

nickEcave Sat 25-Feb-17 21:49:30

I'm a huge fan of Clarkes Hamble Oak Brogues - have them in 4 different colours. They look great with opaques and skirts/dresses or with slim leg trousers and I can walk a couple of miles quite comfortably in them.

Shamoffour Sat 25-Feb-17 22:12:30

I just bought the leopard print velvet loafers from river island. They are seriously comfy and also come in black velvet if leopards not you thing.

OutandIn Sat 25-Feb-17 22:15:24

Four miles - you need to be wearing trainers then change into shoes in the office. Would ballet flats then work. Brogues look good with cigarette trousers.

WhooooAmI24601 Sun 26-Feb-17 07:49:06

nick I was just coming on to mention Hamble Oak! They are fab, I have them in tan and black and live in them for work (I'm a teacher so spend a lot of time on my feet). They look lovely with almost every outfit imaginable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now