Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Christening dress for a 5-6 year old girl?

(6 Posts)
ElfingHeck Sat 25-Feb-17 13:50:25

Nearly-six-year-old DD is getting christened next month. Can anyone recommend a good website for a dress?

It doesn't need to be a white frilly dress. It could be blue or red or similar. Simple but elegant (not fussy) and 'special', if that combination is possible.

Ideally for up to about £60.

Hard to get to any shops, so online ideally.

Any advice?

AnguaResurgam Sat 25-Feb-17 13:56:17

I know you said other colours are fine, but white would be great for the occasion (and could always be dyed afterwards)

Have you tried browsing the smaller sizes on this sort of website (as the age bracket is similar, and the occasion related)?

www.justfirstcommunion.co.uk/communionshop/cat_321195-Dresses.html

ElfingHeck Sat 25-Feb-17 15:15:49

Very pretty dresses Angua thank you - though a bit above my price bracket. I will think about them though.

The church is so freezing cold that I suspect DD will have her coat on throughout, so white may not be essential!

TheBrilloPad Sat 25-Feb-17 15:18:17

I'm crap at links but hope this works:

www.rococlothing.co.uk/girls/girls-dresses/communion-dresses/?dir=asc&order=price

Rocco clothing - used it for my kids (babies, admittedly) Christening outfits, but they do occasion clothes for all ages, and they are quite reasonable.

TheBrilloPad Sat 25-Feb-17 15:21:09

Also, I looked at Angua's link above, you said they were above your pics bracket, but I could see at least 10/11 dresses on the first page that were £60 or under and seemed to fit your criteria.

farmerswifey2 Sat 25-Feb-17 15:29:39

I see you say it doesn't have to be white, but this from M&S is adorable:

Linky

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now