Talk

Advanced search

Best salt spray.??

(8 Posts)
bingisthebest Sat 25-Feb-17 12:01:48

Have used bumble and bumble but too expensive really. Or anything else to achieve the wavy look., also adds some volume to my quite flat hair. Thanks in advance!

EggsEleven Sat 25-Feb-17 16:08:32

Was going to suggest bumble & bumble -\I really like it. This stuff is meant to be a good cheaper alternative.

www.superdrug.com/Alberto-VO5/VO5-Give-Me-Texture-Sea-Salt-Spray-150ml/p/373103

AmethystMoon Sat 25-Feb-17 16:22:47

Lush salt spray is lovely and smells very good too

Autumnchill Sat 25-Feb-17 16:23:28

I have Redken which is good

JemimaMuddledUp Sat 25-Feb-17 16:44:11

I've got the Superdrug own brand one and it works well on my shorter hair and DD's longer hair.

BitchyInnerMonologue Sat 25-Feb-17 16:46:03

I like Toni & Guy's Sea Salt spray. Adds volume and if I defuse dry then it seems to keep the curl and texture but remove the crunch iyswim?

TheLittlePaperbagPrincess Sat 25-Feb-17 16:46:55

John Masters

dudsville Sat 25-Feb-17 19:55:25

Has anyone tried making their own? This thread led me to google for whether I was using it correctly and I came across the recipe below from Huffington post. The only reason I'm tempted to try it is I like the idea of adding my own scent of choice via the essential oil. I might give this a try tomorrow!

1 tablespoon of sea salt (I read on another site that sea salt is drying and epsom salt is a better choice for this)

1 tablespoon of melted unrefined/organic coconut oil

1 tablespoon of hair gel or leave-in hair conditioner

1 cup of warm water

Note: You can also add a few drops of an essential oil such as lavender, mint or jasmine for a refreshing scent.

Instructions:

Step 1: Pour the warm water and sea salt into the spray bottle. Give it a generous shake until salt dissolves.

Step 2: Combine the melted coconut oil and hair gel (or leave-in conditioner) into a separate bowl, then add the mixture to your spray bottle.

Step 3:  Add a few drops of an essential oil. Shake the bottle again, and voila! You’ve got homemade sea salt spray. Apply to towel-dried hair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now