Talk

Advanced search

Clinique foundation recommendations please

(20 Posts)
Honey1975 Sat 25-Feb-17 12:01:01

I have used Clinique perfectly real foundation for years & now it's been discontinued.
I need something else and like Clinique as they don't irritate my
skin and the colours work for me.

But not sure which to go for as they have quite a few.
I'm early 40's dryish skin with a few monthly spots.
I don't like heavy coverage but need enough to even my skin out & make me look less knackered!

Recommendations would be gratefully received please.

Honey1975 Sat 25-Feb-17 18:07:55

Anyone use Clinique? I'm off to Debenhams tomorrow and hoping to get new foundation. Currently looking washed out & pastey!!

Wormwoodm Sat 25-Feb-17 18:40:12

I like the Clinique anti redness foundation, evens my skin tone out well

TeachingPostQuery Sat 25-Feb-17 19:41:32

I use the superbalanced one and I like it a lot, not too heavy. I have combination skin and it's ok on the drier bits. I'm no make up aficionado though.

Honey1975 Sat 25-Feb-17 19:47:12

Teaching how do you apply it? The bottle it's in looks a bit awkward.

GVmama Sat 25-Feb-17 19:54:03

I hate the Clinique BB cream I 'treated' myself to recently. It's the most unusual consistency, just dreadful. Steer well clear!

Honey1975 Sat 25-Feb-17 19:55:11

Ok thanks for the tip GVmama

nomad27 Sat 25-Feb-17 21:28:11

Honey I used to use perfectly real and have now switched to 'even better' and it's almost exactly the same smile was recommended to be by the Clinique assistant.

Honey1975 Sat 25-Feb-17 21:31:26

Thanks Nomad that's what I was hoping for as it took me years to find something I really liked and now it's discontinued! Can't understand why they do that really.

nomad27 Sat 25-Feb-17 21:48:43

I agree, although I think the new version is supposed to be better - seems to give similar coverage but it has spf in it too.

spinduffy Sat 25-Feb-17 22:43:47

I use superbalance for day to day. I agree with above, the BB cream is awful.

plentyofshoes Sun 26-Feb-17 07:25:16

I use Even Better and the coverage is great. I asked about the newer version and apparently it was alot lighter?

Honey1975 Sun 26-Feb-17 08:30:40

Thanks maybe they will give me some samples to try? I don't want to spend alot of money and then find the colour isn't right.

TeachingPostQuery Sun 26-Feb-17 12:41:14

Honey, I pour some into the palm of my left hand (actually I mix two colours so I mix them on my palm) and then apply with my fingers. I'm good at judging the amounts now so there isn't much wastage.

MaryQuant Sun 26-Feb-17 16:16:07

Even better here but had to try 3 different shades to get one I liked.

newpup Sun 26-Feb-17 17:37:30

Another Even Better fan here. I used to use another Clinique one can't remember the name but it was discontinued and the Clinique assistant recommended Even Better. It has plenty of coverage but not too much. :-) I use Clinique CC cream as well,that is great for a lighter coverage. Hope that helps. (I am also early forties with dryish skin)

Honey1975 Sun 26-Feb-17 18:38:42

Thanks all. I got some samples to try today of both even better & superbalanced. The lady said that even better is quite dewy/shiny whereas sb is more matte. I'm not really a fan of shiny but will try both & see what they're like.

She also used the under eye concealer pen on me (i need this so badly!). It did improve my dark circles but looked quite noticeable I thought. Anyone else use this?

Doobigetta Sun 26-Feb-17 18:58:13

Maybe not what you want to hear, but I used Clinique Even Better for years before switching to something else (ELDW) quite recently. I just tried to empty and wash out a tester pot of Even Better I used to carry in my makeup bag for touch-ups, and I have to say I was really put off by how insoluble the stuff was. I got it all over my hands and I couldn't wash it off with soap and water- I had to scrub it with a cloth as well. There's no way it an be good for your skin having something that dense sitting on it all day. I'm never going to use it again.

newpup Sun 26-Feb-17 18:58:42

I tried it but it looked so noticeable on me too! Wasn't a good look! :-)

newpup Sun 26-Feb-17 19:00:32

Sorry tried to the under eye concealer pen too.

Doobigetta I gave never ad a problem with even better, washes off my hands easily and I never get spots or oily skin ever. :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now