Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What to wear for 40th birthday cocktail bar type parties?

(7 Posts)
doubleristretto Sat 25-Feb-17 01:34:09

I've reached the age where I have clothes for cocktail parties, dinners etc but nothing for a Saturday night on the town. What are you all wearing for smart casual dress codes? My jeans are ancient and not up to the job plus I'm trying to drop a dress size so I'm not up for investing in a new pair. I have a lot of good shoes and I'm a 14 hourglass with fair legs. Thank you for any help it's desperate, it's tonight flowers

Weebleswobbles Sat 25-Feb-17 08:15:29

I'm an hourglass and just bought these. I plan to wear the body with jeans, heeled boots and black biker jacket with a fushia willow scarf for colour. I'm a jewel winter, do you know your hoc season?

https://m.missselfridge.com/en/msuk/product/black-lattice-back-top-6223901

https://m.missselfridge.com/en/msuk/product/black-embroidered-mesh-body-6180876

doubleristretto Sat 25-Feb-17 11:38:33

Wow, Weebles, you're going to look amazing! What will you wear under the body? Just a bra? If so you're clearly in an awful lot better nick than me! I think I'm cool spring? I can't really remember.

Weebleswobbles Sat 25-Feb-17 14:56:04

Lol - I'm not in good nick! I'll have a bra on and have a biker jacket - so it will only be the pattern on display if you see what I mean?

Have you been able to find anything?

Theothersideof40 Mon 27-Feb-17 16:50:07

Dd you find anything? Im in the same boat, going to some cocktail bars next week and not a clue what to wear!!

Lucked Mon 27-Feb-17 17:04:59

All saints black dress?

fiorentina Mon 27-Feb-17 18:49:29

I wear a leather mini skirt and top with black tights and shoe boots. Or maybe coated skinny jeans and a top with some funky shoes. My friends wear similar. Occasionally I wear a dress too, I have a few i really like from Cos.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now