Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Getting waves/curls to stop dropping?

(14 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Fri 24-Feb-17 19:25:12

I have straight mid length hair. I like to put in a few waves or curls with straighteners but they drop really quickly. I still haven't found a holy grail product that holds a curl. Please can you suggest something?

EggsEleven Fri 24-Feb-17 20:42:53

You need to hairspray the life out of it. Elenet normal hold is good imo - strong but not sticky or crunchy.

LiefieLiefie Fri 24-Feb-17 22:06:49

Don't curl on freshly washed hair, or lots of dry shampoo/texturising spray. Then hairspray the shit out of it.

BrillianaHarvey Fri 24-Feb-17 23:57:20

Try curling smaller sections.

AlfaMummy Sat 25-Feb-17 00:10:33

I find the cheaper mousses good for this. I use V05 mega hold. I dry hair with dryer and small amount of mousse. Once dry, I get a large handful of mousse and put it through hair. I then curl with tongs, using hair spray to set. This gives my fine hair good hold throughout the day. For softer waves I use a light hold hairspray as a curl spray, no mousse. HTH.

Pollypickypocket Sat 25-Feb-17 11:06:05

Pin or clip the curl in shape (like an ild fashioned pin curl) till its really cool and that takes longer than you think ! It will hold much longer

oliviafrombolivia Sat 25-Feb-17 15:45:22

if its a damp day you are on a hiding to nothing.. I only curl on dry days.

PNGirl Sat 25-Feb-17 17:01:16

You need a really really hot curling iron or wand. The Lee Stafford Chopstick Styler is scalding and doesn't have to do small tight curls if you wrap round a big section at a time. Then yep, hairspray!

MrsMeeseeks Sat 25-Feb-17 17:20:01

Do an old-fashioned pin-curl wet set. Lisa Freemont Street on YouTube has some great ideas for getting straight hair to hold a curl (plus she is adorable).

GlassSeahorse Sat 25-Feb-17 17:23:34

I use Lottabody setting lotion (Amazon sell it, it needs to be diluted before use so a spray bottle is also a good idea). When I have curled a section, I pin it until it has totally cooled. I also use hairspray on the finished style. The curl lasts all day.

Auldspinster Sat 25-Feb-17 17:33:41

Savers has setting lotion then wait till cooled.

Pollypickypocket Sat 25-Feb-17 21:18:51

A traditional pin curl on wet hair won't give you much root lift but the curl is good

keeponkeepinon Sun 26-Feb-17 15:20:50

I should have mentioned I'm not that good at curling in the first place so pin curls are probably beyond me!
I'm generally put off mousse for fear of crunchy hair. Seems like masses of hairspray is a thing. I just thought that surely there is a product out there designed to help with this? or perhaps there is: mousse grin

plimsolls Sun 26-Feb-17 16:20:03

There's a thread on here about Elnette creme de mousse (the thread titled something like holy grail for fine thin hair). I was intrigued and googled for more reviews and apparently it's great for getting styled curls to stay in. Non crunchy too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now