Talk

Advanced search

Pretty nursing bras

(18 Posts)
Notanotherpawpatrol Fri 24-Feb-17 17:38:13

I'm so sick of my boobs being round my waist. I just want to wear pretty bras again. I'm a 32f normally and NEED underwire. Where can I get pretty under wired nursing bras that don't look like a grandmothers?
For context, it's my 4th baby in 6 years.
I just want nice boobs again. I'm fed up of the lack of support and sag sad

ProfAnnieT Fri 24-Feb-17 17:40:48

Hot Milk?

Notanotherpawpatrol Fri 24-Feb-17 17:47:02

I've heard good things about hot milk, bit when I've looked they've always looked so....grandmotherish confusedblush maybe I haven't looked hard enough and given up!

ProfAnnieT Fri 24-Feb-17 18:19:22

Figleaves sometimes get some good ones - this is out of stock but less grandmothery?

MrsandMrsSmith Fri 24-Feb-17 18:23:27

Not sure if they do underwired nursing but Freya nursing bras are prettier than average.

Notanotherpawpatrol Fri 24-Feb-17 18:23:54

Much less grandmotherish! I don't know why I didn't think of fig leaves! Most of my bras come from there!

SellMySoulForSomeSleep Fri 24-Feb-17 18:26:34

uk.cakematernity.com/nursing-bras/flexi-wire?

Better than some I've seen.

Anotherminime Fri 24-Feb-17 18:34:20

The figleaves bra linked is a hot milk one. I've tried loads and hot milk was the only ones that actually looked decent in real life. Have a look at their flexiwire range, I think there are a few non granny options.

uk.hotmilklingerie.com/collections/flexiwire

NetflixandBill Fri 24-Feb-17 18:36:08

They had some nice ones in M&S today. Black and white polka dots and quite feminine looking. I think they were £28 for two

emsyj37 Fri 24-Feb-17 19:13:45

I've got a couple of the Cake ones and I really like them. I got them from brastop.com and they had a good selection on discount in the sale section.

Katiepotato Fri 24-Feb-17 19:19:42

www.bravissimo.com/m/#products/lingerie/nursing-bras/sophie-nursing-bra/black/pnl7bl/

I have this bra and it's pretty and comfy...And had matching knickers (although I've not felt attractive enough to wear them yet)

SerialReJoiner Fri 24-Feb-17 19:23:33

Maybe make your own? I bought a kit for a fiver a few years ago.

KatharinaRosalie Fri 24-Feb-17 19:29:51

Make your own. It's really easy, you can get clips from ebay.

KatharinaRosalie Fri 24-Feb-17 19:32:17

Or also, I found that it's entirely fine to BF in normal bras. If you go for a bit lower cuts like plunges or half cups, it's actually very easy to just slide the strap down and pull the boob out.

Notanotherpawpatrol Fri 24-Feb-17 20:07:20

Thanks for all the recommendations smile I'll definitely take a look at cake and hotmilk.

I'm not sure about making my own! I have a 2, 5 and 6 year old and newborn in 6 weeks...Not sure I have the time!!

KatharinaRosalie Fri 24-Feb-17 20:09:09

No not actually making your own bras. Just converting normal bras. Clip strap, sew clip in - a few minutes

starsinyourpies Sun 26-Feb-17 07:27:38

Freya Pure, not especially pretty but does have underwire. Bravissimo do them, it comes up very big in the cup.

eyespydreams Sun 26-Feb-17 21:20:58

Also saying make your own! Got cheap but pretty bras from primark and next, each bra takes about half an hour. Still using them a year later. Easy easy sewing. I think it is the only way to get good underwired ones tbh. It was SUCH a relief when I started wearing them! Alternatively many balconette styles you don't even need the clips, just pull them down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now