Talk

Advanced search

Would you wear this on holiday? Please help?!

(41 Posts)
Jenniferb21 Fri 24-Feb-17 14:48:57

Hi

Had a baby 9 months ago and you can tell. I'm like a jelly baby! I can't face bikinis due to bad stretch marks and I hate my legs (the top of my thighs) Because I'll be running round after my crawling DS I'm worried I need something that I won't feel embarrassed in.

Would you wear this swim dress to swim in? At a big all inclusive hotel.

I desperately want to look okay!

ceepeeree Fri 24-Feb-17 14:54:04

It's cute- go for it.

Don't be so hard on yourself though!! You've just had a baby.

Enjoy your holidays and trust me, everyone's too focused on themselves to notice your perceived flaws 😊

A1Sharon Fri 24-Feb-17 16:20:35

Eek! That model isn't really pulling that suit off OP-it has zero boob support for running around after a baby.
I know how you feel though after kids my stomach is like an elephants arsehole and shall never again see the light of day.
I'm tall so often get a tankini, and a sarong around the hips would hide the tops of your thighs?
Or a light beach dress for when you're out of the water.
99.9% of women around a pool are worrying about their appearance, honestly relax, or you'll never enjoy your pool time.

A1Sharon Fri 24-Feb-17 16:24:24

Some ideas here?
www.figleaves.com/uk/search?q=Swim+dress&lang=en_GB

Tweetme Fri 24-Feb-17 16:26:54

That looks like a negligee. It's a bit sexy for round the pool. I wear a tankini ie a full top and little shorts which hide my belly and bottom.

AngryYeti Fri 24-Feb-17 16:31:09

no, my tits would fall out. I stick to a boring one piece, hides my stretchmarksgrin

Kr1stina Fri 24-Feb-17 16:34:32

You won't be able to run anywhere in that without your boobs falling out. I agree that it's very " hey everyone look at me and how sexy I am " , which I'm not sure is the image you are going for.

I suggest a decent swimsuit or tankini with underwires ( unless your boobs are tiny ) and one of these small sarongs that just covers from waist to about mid thigh. To cover the stretch marks that you are bothered about.

Yes u can get them really cheaply in H&M or any of the supermarkets.

Also use fake tan on your legs before you go and it will make the marks look less noticeable. Experiment with this a few weeks before, not the night before it case you don't like it.

And also some lightweight sundresses. And a sunsuit and hat for baby, if she is happy you will be too.

n0ne Fri 24-Feb-17 16:41:33

I find the best cover up without drawing attention to yourself is a tankini top and short board shorts (ie not knee-length ones)

ems137 Fri 24-Feb-17 16:44:34

I hate my cellulite thighs OP and am very paranoid about them, on or off holiday. I still wear a bikini for swimming and round the pool though. If I'm going for a walk or know I'll need to chase the toddler a lot I just throw on a pair of shorts or I have a couple of light holiday short play suits as a cover up. You could do the same but with a tankini or all in one swimsuit of you hate your belly.

Tbh it's all in our heads though and it's more likely that no-one else gives a toss. Don't be so hard on yourself x

GreyTS Fri 24-Feb-17 16:53:04

Sorry but that swimsuit/dress has zero support in the boob area so is going to be v unflattering. I think the best thing is to buy a well fitted swimming costume with good boob support. On the expensive end seafolly makes v flattering swimmers and I have also had success with m&s, just be prepared to try on loads

Bluntness100 Fri 24-Feb-17 17:00:01

To be honest, no it looks like lingerie to me. My friend is heavier , size sixteen to eighteen maybe, and she wears basically swim shorts, which are basically like old fashioned pe shorts, and a bra which is like a sports bra, but is a bikini top, she looks fantastic in them and they are very slimming. I'd wear something like that.

Tweetme Fri 24-Feb-17 17:01:47

Board shorts are good as you can splash about in the sea in them and they dry off quickly.

Jenniferb21 Fri 24-Feb-17 17:21:51

Thanks everyone really appreciate any help I'm going to look at shorts etc and like the link thank you

How about a swim skirt with regular bikini top?

rollonthesummer Fri 24-Feb-17 17:28:18

No- that is awful!

If you don't want to draw attention to yourself, just get a well fitting black swimsuit.

GeillisTheWitch Fri 24-Feb-17 17:32:46

I'm not keen on the top half of that suit. This one seems to cover a bit more.

eurochick Fri 24-Feb-17 17:34:10

To be honest you'll really stand out in those. Just wear a bikini and shorts or a one piece.

shatteredstudentmum Fri 24-Feb-17 17:37:49

I wear a swim dress / skirt and they're fine, feel ok to walk around in on holiday. But I wouldn't wear the original one you posted.

The last one above looks good though

EggsEleven Fri 24-Feb-17 17:40:56

The first one is awful - far too low cut to offer any support and your boobs will probably fall out if you'll be running around after DC by pool.

The second one is OK if you're really wanting a skirt style.

specialsubject Fri 24-Feb-17 17:43:53

Wear if you want but it looks the least practical item ever.

Board shorts - choose a length. Nothing underneath. They dry really quickly and look so much better than knickers, which stay soggy for ages.

Bikini top or tankini, covered with rash vest to keep sun off. Job done.

BackforGood Fri 24-Feb-17 17:46:39

Agree with everyone else. Def. wouldnt wear that - it gives no support whatsoever and would certainly not work for crawling about after a baby/ toddler.

In terms of your body / your looks however, no-one will be looking at you or judging you if you wear a bikini or tankini. Just wear something comfortable in the heat.

petalsandstars Fri 24-Feb-17 17:57:20

Sainsbury's has a dark blue with white spots swimdress in at the mo - looks nice on too.

petalsandstars Fri 24-Feb-17 17:57:57

<unsure of the auto link above - I didn't post it>

Sophia1987 Fri 24-Feb-17 18:00:54

Well in my opinion I think the 1st pic you posted is really cute and young looking. The others are so old fashioned and frumpy.
I'd definitely go with the 1st if I were you, but then I myself like to wear hot swimwear smile

MrsGotobed Fri 24-Feb-17 18:08:12

I'm currently on holiday and the "new" mum's with crawling babies and toddlers seem to go for the tankini or a sarong over a costume/bikini.

TBH I think the swim dress or skirt option would draw more attention to you. People are all shapes and sizes around the pool here - nobody bats an eyelid (apart from maybe at the older gentleman in his budgie smugglers!!)

sofiainwonderland Sat 25-Feb-17 20:24:56

I'd never wear that, even for hard cold cash. Nope. It's tacky and revealing. Sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now