Talk

Advanced search

The best skincare products from the body shop?

(15 Posts)
DearMrDilkington Fri 24-Feb-17 14:43:55

I love the body shop, the bargains you can get when they have their offers on are wonderful.grin

But they have so many different skincare products that I struggle to choose!

I've used the seaweed collection which I loved, but it made my eyes water like mad, so I often ended up with very red puffy eyes after moisturizing.
I like the tea tree facial wash but I'm not wild on the smell.

What do you all recommend?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 24-Feb-17 16:13:31

I love the Vit E cream (but only the regular one, not the Intense/Night/Night mask or the Sorbet hydrating)

Love the Camomile Butter balm but not the liquid

Bought the Honey&Almond cleansing bar , but I've not had a chance to use it yet. My DD has been (I cut a slice off for her to try) she likes it. Not sure if I'd use it on my face though.

They used to do a honey/oat scrub that was really nice

(I'm inspired to go in and poke about in BS.....and I'm on Low Spend 2017 blush )

DearMrDilkington Fri 24-Feb-17 19:53:03

Ah see I wondered about those night masks, it all looks lovely online so it's hard to decide. That honey and oat scrub sounds lovely, do they not sell it anymore?

I never go in the shop as they always talk you into buying stuff you don't need, I just go a bit mad whenever they have £25 off £50 deal.grin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 24-Feb-17 19:58:57

I know , they ambush me when I go in, it;s like step over the threshold and whap "Can I help you".

I like to do my browsing online and then wander about with my basket and let them take me through all the nice things

The honey/oak mask was brought back but it wasn't the same .

I miss the Fresh Green shampoo, Hair Salad conditioner and the Passionfruit cleanser (from back in the day)

DearMrDilkington Fri 24-Feb-17 20:59:01

Ah that's a shame about the honey masksad.

Have you tried the banana shampoo & conditioner? I've heard really mixed reviews about it.

OneInAMillionYou Fri 24-Feb-17 23:52:31

The Camomile Eye Make Up Remover is the best I have ever used in decades of wearing makeup! I stockpile now as I think they withdrew it for a while and I was traumatised!

SchnitzelVonKrumm Fri 24-Feb-17 23:54:15

Vitamin E cream. Intense, now I am old mature.

RJnomore1 Fri 24-Feb-17 23:57:59

It very much depends. The tea tree stuff suits my teenagers oily skin while my mil loves the vitamin e for her dry skin.

purpleporpoise Sat 25-Feb-17 00:01:17

I like the camomile cleansing butter and the drops of youth. My skin looks brighter with it

Camomile cleanser in a tin.

drigon Sat 25-Feb-17 00:11:26

Not skincare, as such, but I LOVE MorInga products, especially the soap. They smell heavenly.

VintagePerfumista Sat 25-Feb-17 07:32:44

Another vote for the Chamomile butter. Best cleanser ever.

Drops of Youth is OK if you can get it on the 40% codes, (you rarely can) It's a nice enough oil, but nothing special, and the ingredients are as cheap as chips if you buy them without them being beautifully packaged and heavily advertised by the BS.

The Vit E moisturisers take me right back to the 80s. Love the smell, but sadly am no longer 19 so they aren't rich enough (even the intense one)

I stock up on the chamomile butter and the Shea and Cocoa butters when there is an offer.

Nettletheelf Sat 25-Feb-17 07:34:22

I really rate the bouncy sleep mask.

MooMinCow Sat 25-Feb-17 08:03:28

The Camomile range is brilliant. Love the aloe cleanser (removed with flannel) and toner for everyday use. The Skin Defence SPF50 essence is the best sunblock I've used (I have dark skin and it's the only one that doesn't make my face look ashy or feel heavy under makeup)

The Spa range smells amazing if you want some pampering bodycare

purpleporpoise Tue 28-Feb-17 00:36:12

Drops of youth concentrate is cheaper at outlets. Or try bodyshop at home, there is usually 30% off everything except new products, you get to try everything too. It does mean getting a load of people round

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now