Talk

Advanced search

Micro needling

(12 Posts)
Whathaveilost Fri 24-Feb-17 14:19:24

Has anybody had this treatment?
What's your opinion.

I'm thinking of giving it a go but wanted to know what it's like before I commit.
Did you notice any positive benefits to your skin?

Whathaveilost Sat 25-Feb-17 10:19:17

No none has had micro needling ( also called dermal roller? i think the spelling is)

lakehouse Sat 25-Feb-17 10:42:56

Following as I'm booked in for next week! I've had laser treatments and peels as an acne treatment but not much effect so I'm hoping micro needling is better! I spend 1k a month on trying to improve my skin and can't get anything to work!

Aquasport Sat 25-Feb-17 10:48:37

Following as I'm thinking of booking this

LadyOfTheCanyon Sat 25-Feb-17 10:53:07

I've just bought a derma roller from Amazon after watching the batshit that is Trinny doing it on her YouTube channel. If it gives me skin even half as good as hers I'm in.
It arrived yesterday so I've only used it once. It's the 0.5mm one and it feels like pins and needles as you roll it over your face. Made me bright red but that only lasted about 15 mins.
As I understand it this depth is just for better absorption of products rather than collagen repair.

stopgap Sat 25-Feb-17 13:20:20

I had it done last week. While I didn't get stretch marks in either of my two pregnancies, I had them on my outer and inner thighs from puberty, and while they're faded, I figured why not have them softened.

The nurse at the plastic surgery practice says that micro needling, in her opinion, is as effective as laser treatment, but a whole lot cheaper and with zero downtime.

KoalaDownUnder Sat 25-Feb-17 13:24:19

lakehouse 1k a month?! Can I ask on what?

Cristiane Sat 25-Feb-17 13:27:54

1k!! Have you tried Roaccutane if it is acne that bothers you? Incredibly effective

manandbeast Sat 25-Feb-17 15:26:50

stopgap have you seen any results yet? How long until you do? What's it for??

QuinoaKeen Sun 26-Feb-17 09:31:29

I've had four rounds on my face.
It has greatly reduced an old acne scar, but I can't say it really affected the fine lines - Botox is better for that.

It hurts though! My therapist just offers a numbing cream, but I've since heard some places have a local anaesthetic available. Definitely go for the local! The numbing cream barely worked and I lay on the table with tears pouring from my eyes.

Also, I couldn't leave the house for about three days afterwards as my face looked like this - angry. i also had to arrange someone to walk my dog on those days as going out in the sun is not recommended.

manandbeast Sun 26-Feb-17 11:09:13

I wondered whethe it would be good for tightening up my skin??? Or whether I just need a face lift 😂

Truckingalong Sun 26-Feb-17 12:23:20

Ive also just bought a 0.5mm one from eBay to try. It stings a bit and feels like sunburn but is bearable and quick. Too early to say if it's effective or not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now