Talk

Advanced search

Nursing bra intervention please!

(6 Posts)
SquedgieBeckenheim Fri 24-Feb-17 09:38:16

Apologies if I've posted in the wrong place!
I'm 37 weeks pregnant, and need new bras. I've got some nursing sleep bras, and a couple of other stretchy bras for when baby arrives, but these obviously aren't very supportive.
I want something more supportive to last the final few weeks of pregnancy. Hate sports style bras, so please dontsuggest those!
I'm currently in a 34D standard non-wired bra.
Measurements today are:
Under bust 34 inches
Bust 41 inches.
Anyone knowledgable in the world of nursing bra sizes that can suggest what size I should be in for final few weeks and just maybe last after? I'm not fussed if I have to replace soon after birth.

KatharinaRosalie Fri 24-Feb-17 09:53:45

You should currently be in about 34F, not D. Personally, my size didn't change during the last few weeks any more. If you want more support, normal underwired bras are better - and there's nothing wrong with wearing underwires, as long as your cup size is correct and wires are not actually sitting on breast tissue, but around it.

Unfortunately it's almost impossible to predict what size you will be immediately afterwards, when your milk comes in. I went down a back size, but up several cups.

Katestar53 Tue 25-Jul-17 09:33:26

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

willymcwill Tue 25-Jul-17 10:08:23

I'd recommend going on boob or bust to get your correct size, and they will be able to give recommendations of nursing bras. I tend to wear hot milk or Panache pregnancy/feeding bras as they give a decent shape (currently wearing a Panache Sophie). I do have some of the dreaded sports bra style but just to wear in bed to hold nursing pads in place; they are more comfy and I'm less bothered about shape of a nighttime!

willymcwill Tue 25-Jul-17 10:11:11

Meant to say, when you are sized on boob or bust they will take into consideration that you are late stages of pregnancy and fit you with your bra on the tightest setting (usually you should be fit on the loosest so that you can tighten as bra gets looser through wear and tear) so that you can loosen as your milk comes in. And then get remeasured after the first few weeks when your supply has settled. I go up a couple of cup sizes when my milk comes in, but my back size also drops in that time as my ribcage goes back to pre-preg size. So worth just having something that will do and they're measuring after things settle.

SquedgieBeckenheim Tue 25-Jul-17 10:51:30

Thanks for the replies, but I posted this in February! DD2 is nearly 5 months old, I'm all sorted for nursing bras. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now