Talk

Advanced search

I have a job interview/assessment at B&Q on Monday. What do I wear!?

(5 Posts)
SexLubeAndAFishSlice Fri 24-Feb-17 09:20:01

In the email it simply says 'dress code is smart/casual, please do not wear open toed shoes.' How do I do smart/casual for a DIY store!? I'm hopeless at this stuff sad it also says 'You will complete several interactive exercises.' So heels are out.

Please help!!

Deathraystare Fri 24-Feb-17 09:48:57

I would wear black trousers and a top (unless office based when I would wear a jacket. Wear something comfy (but not TOO casual iyswm). Interactive exercises? Moving boxes? Or just pointing to a can of weedkiller?

Deathraystare Fri 24-Feb-17 09:50:59

Maybe a blouse and cardi or polo type top (as in polo top not polo neck top - although if you want to -wear that). Lowish shoes.

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Fri 24-Feb-17 10:02:24

It doesn't give an example of what these exercises are, which is most annoying as that would have been helpful!

Teacupinastorm Fri 24-Feb-17 10:09:21

Having recruited for retail for many years I'd say the interactive exercises will be 'sell me this' or 'this is what I'm looking for what would you recommend?' And you will have to make a suggestion based on the info they've given you. I wouldn't worry too much that you'll be restocking shelves or moving stuff!
Smartish trousers, top and pumps/shoes would be fine I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now