Talk

Advanced search

High-waisted not skinny jeans?

(7 Posts)
Filiboom Thu 23-Feb-17 22:41:07

I've recently discovered high waisted jeans (Lee skinnies - Scarlet?) and am converted. After two children, they keep everything tucked in and are the most flattering I've had. I've also got a curved back/sticking out bum and they stay up rather than falling down. So all good.

However, as the weather gets better, I want to get out of skinnies and am wondering if anyone has good ideas for alternatives? Straight jeans are generally like skinnies on me (5'4", a generous 10 and have what were once muscly thighs (muscle still there but better hidden these days)) and I'd like something looser in the leg, but still with the higher waist, or still a bit fitted but a lighter fabric (maybe not jeans?). Cropped would also be good (to save me having to take them up).

Has anyone got any good ideas???? I tend just to go for the same thing and shops every time and need suggestions - had never even looked at Lee before they were recommended to me.

Thanks very much

helenfagain Thu 23-Feb-17 22:47:43

Sainsbury's jeans are very good, cut reasonably high but watch sizing as they are huge!

seefeld Fri 24-Feb-17 09:14:58

Have you looked at Topshop jeans? They've got loads of high waisted styles - relaxed fit, mom jeans, cropped, flared etc.

clippityclop Fri 24-Feb-17 09:25:00

Uniqlo 'smart fit' jeans might tick the boxes for you. I love the original ones and was concerned when I was they now only come in a high waist fit but they're fine. Money off with Quidco too.

BabyHamster Fri 24-Feb-17 09:27:44

Warehouse currently have some straight leg, high waisted, cropped jeans.

MissisBoote Fri 24-Feb-17 09:34:24

Paige hidden hills are brilliant.
Pricey but worth it imo. You can often get a bargain on ebay.
If you're a generous 10 is suggest a size 28 or 29 depending on your actual measurements.

Filiboom Fri 24-Feb-17 11:09:32

Thank you all for these suggestions. I used to wear Uniqlo jeans but hadn't thought about them. Have heard good things about Topshop too and will check out the others. Currently job hunting/working from home so spend a lot of time in jeans and want the holy grail of flattering and very comfortable!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now