Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Desparate help please - wider trainers

(11 Posts)
PhyllisWig Thu 23-Feb-17 21:35:37

I want some NICE trainers/casual shoes. Funky ones, mostly white and leather rather than canvas. Possibly suede.

Converse clearly too narrow. Stan Smiths, too narrow. My yearned for cream addidas gazelles, too narrow.

I had great hopes of white leather supergas. Guess what sad

I just want something nice, classic but funky. I swear I never had this much grief when I was a 90s indie kid with my pumas glued to my feet.

Any ideas please. Truly am desparate. Oh and I like the trainers you slip on but my stupid weird high arched feet never fit them.

I have small stupid stumpy hobbit feet btw. 4.5/5. So can't get men's or anything. Unless they are hobbit mens.

Judydreamsofhorses Thu 23-Feb-17 22:28:08

I have super-wide feet, to the point that Clarks wide-fit are too narrow, also a size 4 and I have Gazelles, Stan Smiths and various Nikes. I buy from the "junior" section, not sure if they are cut wider for kids (possibly boys)?

Theconifers25 Thu 23-Feb-17 23:08:55

Superga all the way. I always think they must have been developed for people with wide feet.

LizzieMacQueen Thu 23-Feb-17 23:14:01

I love the adidas climacool range. Think they come in small sizes.

climacool at amazon

SesameSparkle Fri 24-Feb-17 00:26:36

Rocket dogs are wide.

Fabellini Fri 24-Feb-17 00:33:03

I bought a pair of adidas superstars today - they're definitely wider than the Stan Smiths I used to have.

Astro55 Fri 24-Feb-17 00:38:59

Try rocket dog avoid adidas unless you're 12

geekyboo Fri 24-Feb-17 01:23:29

I have stupidly wide feet and tiny hobbit size too, generally find sketchers are very wide , and there is some quite nice ones. Also reeboks have worked well in the past too-although can you even get reeboks nowadays?

PhyllisWig Fri 24-Feb-17 07:31:28

Thank you. Am going into town at lunchtime and will see what I can find. Will revisit the addidas options as I do like them the most (yes, am secretly 12).

Do Rocketdog do leather as well as canvas?

SesameSparkle Fri 24-Feb-17 08:01:38

No, only canvas as far as I know. But I'd suggest popping into somewhere like schuh to have a look as they usually carry that make.

RusholmeRuffian Fri 24-Feb-17 15:17:07

Look in Size? if you have one close by, they have a better selection than the usual high street shops. Don't give up on adidas, the width varies hugely from style to style. I have wide feet and about 200 pairs of adidas trainers blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now