Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Leggings that don't let me wobble

(26 Posts)
Sophia1987 Thu 23-Feb-17 19:52:45

Do they exist?

I found some lovely black leggings in high waist from new look but they are crap quality and don't suck me in so I can feel every wobble with each step.

Any good quality ones out there?

ceepeeree Thu 23-Feb-17 20:03:20

have you tried spanx leggings? Good and thick. defo hold in wobble. wash well. bit expensive though...

Sophia1987 Thu 23-Feb-17 20:17:36

I have some spanx but the leg bit is just like tights , I wanted more legging material so I can get away with wearing them with tunics..

Ilovewillow Thu 23-Feb-17 20:19:40

I don't know if they still do them but I had a lovely pair of high waisted thick leggings from Monsoon a couple of yrs ago.

HouseOfGoldandBones Thu 23-Feb-17 20:31:06

Primark.

They are in the "control" section, and keep everything where it should be.

They're cheap as chips too. Come in black, navy & grey. Standard & cropped length.

Only thing is that they have a slight sheen, but they are great.

I've tried leggings from everywhere, and they are, without doubt, the best IMO.

ceepeeree Thu 23-Feb-17 20:59:03

I'd have another look at spanx. they have a whole range of different styles. I have the basic black, The jeans and the leather-look. I really like the look & feel (I don't get a tights vibe off them), and they definitely hold you in.

ceepeeree Thu 23-Feb-17 21:00:03

BTW- i wear the leather look ones with a long top, and only get complimentsome on them 😊

Lovelybangers Thu 23-Feb-17 21:02:02

I got some in Costco. I think they are made by Maidenform.

Very good at sucking in - but I can't wear them for long as that very feature causese to have trapped wind grin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 23-Feb-17 21:25:06

I got Maidenform from Costco too but they're too short in the rise to waist for me, so they start rolling down hmm .

TeddyIsaHe Fri 24-Feb-17 08:10:39

I second primark ones! I always fancy myself quite a bit when I'm wearing them because they make my bum look fab grin

Keeptrudging Fri 24-Feb-17 08:12:35

Dance leggings are higher lycra/elastane? content and thicker/don't get baggy at the knees.

KitKats28 Fri 24-Feb-17 10:50:02

Thirding the primark ones. They are so comfy and definitely hold you in. They also last forever. I've got some that are at least five years old.

imjessie Fri 24-Feb-17 12:17:48

Mint velvet by a mile , they have a wide panel at the top which holds you in And are thick. The smallest ones are a good 10 though which isn't much good if you are smaller than this.

Sophia1987 Fri 24-Feb-17 12:47:03

I'm a size 8 so that rules out mint velvet.
What are the primark ones called?

Sophia1987 Fri 24-Feb-17 12:48:02

Oh on second thoughts o don't really fancy the 'sheen' on leggings if that's what the primark ones are like?

MrsandMrsSmith Fri 24-Feb-17 12:50:23

Primark are good but I also have some from m&s which are a bit thicker and not shiny. Not badly priced either.

imjessie Fri 24-Feb-17 21:38:12

That's a shame , I often wonder why they don't do smaller sizes to be honest . I like my leggings tight but these are ok for me and I'm a good size 10 with big bum and thighs .

joangray38 Fri 24-Feb-17 23:42:48

I have some Hue ones. They Are very thick but are in US sizes . I got my at HOF but there are resellers on eBay

WallToWallBastards Fri 24-Feb-17 23:46:31

Lidl leggings are amazing and £3 a pair when they're in. They go up to a 20 and they're nicer than my expensive tesco and sainsburys ones. They're washed a lot and still look really good. And no wobble on my beach ball body grin

thisfalseinsight Sat 25-Feb-17 10:46:57

Compression leggings from athletic lines are really good for this. I have some from Lululemon that are brilliant - although they do have a slightly more 'athleisure' look to them (I have a solid grey pair and a black pair, so not too sporty). Not cheap but they will actually hold you in all day!

whitesnake80 Sat 25-Feb-17 10:49:50

I agree, the Primark ones are amazing - not in the legging section but with the control underwear. They are about a fiver, have great control and are very high waisted. There is a slight sheen, but they are amazing and flattering.

queenc81 Sat 25-Feb-17 10:51:33

Next do some really thick high wasted leggings. They hold everything in too. I'm trying to hide the just had a baby body grin

Sixisthemagicnumber Sat 25-Feb-17 10:57:02

I must be the only person who thinks the primark ones are shit. They don't stay up on me and are not great at holding me in. Maybe I have a different body shape to the majority.

Archimandrite Sat 25-Feb-17 15:22:02

Very expensive but I reckon Sweaty Betty's black leggings make me look a size smaller. And considering how 'sucky inny' they are they are so comfortable.

hollinhurst84 Sat 25-Feb-17 18:50:10

Maidenform for me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now