Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else having a bit of a 'splurge' ready for spring?

(8 Posts)
Nearlyadoctor Thu 23-Feb-17 16:24:19

I seem to do this about twice a year- now for Spring and again in September for Autumn / Winter. I think it's just as the new season stock comes in and I like to feel organised. This week I have ordered:

Hush striped Tara dress
Hush Pastel heart T
Hush Stripey V neck T shirt in 2 colours
Hush Turquoise raglan Long sleeved T shirt
Next grey 360 jeans
Fat face converse type trainers x 2 ( grey and navy)
White Company 2 jersey shirts ( pale pink and grey)
White Company Navy ponte dress
White Company rose ash ribbed sweater
Joules 2 x Harbour tops

Looks a lot written down but no doubt some will returned. I find it easier to match colours and outfits by shopping this way.

Nearlyadoctor Thu 23-Feb-17 17:21:30

Just me then?

PrincessPotsie Thu 23-Feb-17 17:27:21

Wow that's a massive splurge! I'm a v hard working for no pay housewife though so one new thing is a splurge.

It all sounds lovely and I do need to get some new spring clothes as I'm going away to Nice in three weeks.

DialUpMyNumber Thu 23-Feb-17 17:29:40

No. Spring doesn't inspire me at all, I'm afraid.I just switch black ankle boots for tan/nude or Converse and pull out the non-black and grey things I own grin.

But I do splurge just before summer (May-ish) and again for autumn/winter.

GVmama Thu 23-Feb-17 18:31:47

I still feel too cold to shop for spring! There's nothing turning my head at the moment.

It's probably more sensible to shop like that, to plan and buy bits that all work together. My style of shopping is more haphazard, which is probably why I have a wardrobe full of stuff but nothing to wear!

Nearlyadoctor Thu 23-Feb-17 19:15:57

Yes GV it does work quite well from that point of view which is why I started doing it to some extent. I found with the children's clothes it was so much easier to put together their outfits as generally if they'd outgrown a top they'd also outgrown bottoms so bought say a skirt and a couple of interchangeable tops.
I do buy other bits occasionally but very few and far between.

Lottapianos Thu 23-Feb-17 19:21:16

Yes! I cannot wait to get out of winter woolies and move my make up away from reds and berries towards coral, peach and pink. Bought a few bits today, nothing exciting, just work trousers and some t shirts but I've thrown out some old stuff too so wardrobe had had a mini refresh. Yay!

NotTheBelleoftheBall Thu 23-Feb-17 19:28:41

I have a twice yearly splurge too, usually aiming for some semblance of a 'capsule wardrobe'. I genuinely think I spend less per year than friends who buy little bits here and there.

I haven't done it yet this year (still feeling a bit wodgy post partum so living in traffics (yes really) and jumpers) but last spring's included:

A couple of shapeless (and yet somehow architectural) dresses from Cos
Two box pleat skirts from Jaeger
A peach trench coat from M&S
A couple of cashmere jumpers (in the sale) from Boden
A white shirt and blazer from &otherstories

All in tones of navy, duck egg blue and coral/peach.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now