Talk

Advanced search

I can get help to find a similar outfit please

(11 Posts)
Mrs9C Thu 23-Feb-17 10:56:40

I am looking for a similar dress to this, doesn't have to be the same pattern, just similar style. The pic is from a US IG account I follow, so not available here. I already have similar boots, and cardi shouldn't be a problem, I wouldn't think. The dress is probably the kind of style you can pick up at Primark, but I don't have one within miles, and can't find anything similar in the usual places. If anyone has the time or willingness to take I look, I'd be so grateful, thank you!

Feawen Thu 23-Feb-17 15:06:31

I found this one, by H&M, which is a similar shape, v-neck and print. It isn't button-though though, and it has sleeves:

www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0457255003.html#Black/Floral

Otherwise, I think that button-through shirt dress style is quite 90s - there's a bit of a 90s style resurgence going on at the moment. So you might find something in charity or 'vintage' clothing shops.

Here's a print one currently on Rokit:

www.rokit.co.uk/vintage-womens/-clothing/dresses/DRESLV003234-rokit-shirt-dresses-sleeveless

And a plain one on BeyondRetro:

www.beyondretro.com/en/day-dress-black-with-a-v-neck-e00356908.html

NotTodaySatan Thu 23-Feb-17 15:11:20

Ditsy/floral tea dresses are what you need to look for.

That's my signature outfits just with Dr Martens rather than long boots.

Asos/New Look/Topshop/Miss Selfridge/Joy are some of my usual haunts for that kind of dress. Will look for some now.

NotTodaySatan Thu 23-Feb-17 15:25:27

So, no idea what size you are and a lot of these are only available in weird sizes but nonetheless:

Topshop

Topshop Petite

Miss Selfridge

ASOS open back (I just wear a cami under dresses like this - open backs are shit unless you're 19 and have bee sting boobs).

Dorothy Perkins

NotTodaySatan Thu 23-Feb-17 15:29:00

Another Dotty P's

Fashion Union at ASOS

ASOS midi length

Boohoo at ASOS

Miss Selfridge long sleeves

Another from ASOS

NotTodaySatan Thu 23-Feb-17 15:36:26

New Look - button front like the one in your pic

Another New Look button through.

NotTodaySatan Thu 23-Feb-17 15:36:53

Anyway, hopefully that's enough to get you started 😁😁.

imjessie Thu 23-Feb-17 15:51:48

Oasis have dresses like this

Mrs9C Thu 23-Feb-17 16:09:07

You guys are amazing! Thank you so so much grin going to order a few of these. Thanks x

Mrs9C Thu 23-Feb-17 16:12:32

NotTodayStan thank you for taking the time and effort to post so many links, appreciate your help.

NotTodaySatan Thu 23-Feb-17 16:42:29

Not a problem smile.

Let us know how you get on with your purchases!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now