Talk

Advanced search

Best TK Maxx in London?

(19 Posts)
u32ng Thu 23-Feb-17 10:16:19

Going to London for a day in May & won't have a great deal of time but hoping one might be handy for a quick rake through.

Looking for one that might have some good designer stuff in it e.g. Becksondergaard scarves; handbags by fossil/Michael Kors/Marc by marc jacobs/other designers etc

Thanks!

ImYourWomanJonSnow Thu 23-Feb-17 11:16:21

Ha I have been googling the exact same question yesterday. Apparently the Kensington one is the best.

In the end I didn't have time to go there so went to Covent Garden instead, the selection of handbags was slim I have to say, and it was very busy.

bruffin Thu 23-Feb-17 11:17:51

There is a really good TKMax in Charring Cross Road, the Tottenham Court Road end.

Lunaballoon Thu 23-Feb-17 11:20:54

High Street Kensington is usually pretty good, though I think all branches can be a bit hit and miss.

Deathraystare Thu 23-Feb-17 14:33:43

My ex flat mate always went to the High street Kensington branch. She went mad over the ski jackets. The Hammersmith one had a selection of Kipling backpacks in.

LondonStill83 Thu 23-Feb-17 14:35:58

Definitely Kensington.

theclick Thu 23-Feb-17 15:03:34

TCR/dog garden is crap - I wouldn't bother

wrinkleseverywhere Thu 23-Feb-17 22:56:43

Have you looked online? They do have some good stuff on there from time to time.

ohgoshIdontknow Thu 23-Feb-17 23:05:59

I think Hammersmith much better than HSK. HSK has really vulgar stuff IME, whereas Hammersmith has nice things you don't need to be Lady Green to wear.

Sparklyuggs Fri 24-Feb-17 07:03:58

Hammersmith is one of the best. Gracechurch street in the city is excellent for gold label (designer) stuff. I go into CG and TCR ones regularly and they're ok but the other two are so much better.

insertcleverusername Fri 24-Feb-17 07:32:49

The Wimbledon one was good the last time I went: very spacious, tidy and organised by txmaxx standards! Also had a good range of the usual bits and gold label stuff.

u32ng Fri 24-Feb-17 10:15:21

Ooh we're planning on going to the Tower of London and I see that the gracechurch st one is nearby. Well it looks nearby. How long do you think it would take to walk there from the Tower?

Botanicbaby Fri 24-Feb-17 10:20:56

The TCR one is the worst I've ever been in. Really shoddy stuff and stressy to boot.

Artandco Fri 24-Feb-17 10:22:27

High st Kensington. Apparently the best stuff gets sent there due to 'area cliental'

The Covent Garden one gets all the crap as it's mainly tourists

SuperFlyHigh Fri 24-Feb-17 11:21:00

Haven't been to High Street Kensington one in ages.

The Hammersmith and Wimbledon ones (I worked in both areas) are very good.

Also the Clapham Junction and Brixton ones have good stuff, in Brixton my hairdresser has got Vivienne Westwood knitwear there recently.

aniceearlynight Fri 24-Feb-17 13:19:22

Another vote for High Street Ken. Most 'designer-y' labels there.

Bluebellevergreen Fri 24-Feb-17 13:21:08

Hammersmith is better than High Street Ken.

Haffiana Fri 24-Feb-17 15:12:28

Hammersmith. Putney also good.

Sparklyuggs Fri 24-Feb-17 17:45:23

u32ng I'm not too sure, I'd check on Google maps. It's definitely not far though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now