Talk

Advanced search

Over processed hair is a shit state

(11 Posts)
crazydogladyo Wed 22-Feb-17 20:09:57

Would you go shorter or rough it out. It's a couple of inches below my jaw so I could go for a shorter bob. Already cut loads off confused

crazydogladyo Wed 22-Feb-17 20:10:20

'Tough it out!!!'

bleughhh Wed 22-Feb-17 20:24:22

Hmm - are you doing deep conditioning treatments etc? And are you still colouring it? I know conditioners only patch it up as hair is dead but they help mine look and feel quite a bit better when I get round to it (which is hardly ever). If you cut it super-short it will be even harder to grow out. Eat avacados and take fish oil (maybe? not convinced it makes a massive difference but avocados are nice anyway wink).

crazydogladyo Wed 22-Feb-17 20:30:25

I am deep conditioning it every day, but it's so brittle and snapping off. It was below shoulder before, but had highlights, dye, colour remover and then had to cut it. Not dying it anymore. It's just bloody awful. Not taking fish oil actually.

Specialagentblond Wed 22-Feb-17 20:42:53

Try olaplex. It has definitely helped prevent damage on my long bleached balayage.
If you don't have grey, you could grow out your colour with a balayage or ombré so your roots are unprocessed. If you do have grey use a gentle dye for the roots.

I've never used a Brazilian blow dry but I think it puts keratin in your hair? Maybe others can advise?

Try and give your hair some time without any styling or product if at all possible.

There will be an element of roughing it out tho so good luck xx

crazydogladyo Wed 22-Feb-17 20:46:00

I asked my hairdresser about Olaplex, but she told me that now my hair is damaged and I'm not putting colour on it, it won't do anything.

I have a bit of grey starting to come through in a streak (not very noticeable).

BifsWif Wed 22-Feb-17 21:06:56

You might need a protein treatment. You can put all the moisture in the world on to it, but if it's protein it needs it won't make a blind bit of difference. I used Aphogee from Amazon and it saved my hair.

crazydogladyo Wed 22-Feb-17 21:12:02

Thank you, I will look it up

AlfaMummy Thu 23-Feb-17 20:33:56

Joico K Pak deep reconstructor is very good. Worth considering.

hollinhurst84 Thu 23-Feb-17 20:37:27

This stuff
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00439K3DS/ref=mpsa12ait?ie=UTF8&qid=1487882176&sr=8-2&keywords=osmo+hair+mask

I have v v thick, dry and curly hair and it's the only thing I have tried that's made it feel any different. Plus it's a fiver

crazydogladyo Thu 23-Feb-17 22:54:55

Thanks for the recommendations. I've been stood in the mirror in and off all day cutting of the split ends!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now