Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Winter skin remedies

(4 Posts)
Neverknowing Wed 22-Feb-17 10:24:18

My skin is so ridiculously dry all year round and Is obviously 100x worse during winter (dry patches and feels almost painful in the mornings and at night before I moisturise) does anyone have any recommendations for a cleanser? Or any skin treatments?

Neverknowing Wed 22-Feb-17 10:26:22

I've been using the garnier moisture bomb day and night creams and they've helped SO MUCH, loads of my dry patches have gone and skin feels softer but I just need a cleanser that doesn't dry out my skin more and maybe a treatment for occasionally smile

SparklingRaspberry Wed 22-Feb-17 14:15:38

Coconut oil!!

plumstone Wed 22-Feb-17 14:23:46

Good cleansing - I went through a million different moisturisers till I was told to look at my cleansing!!! Use an oil/balm ( there are loads at all prices) to take off makeup and SPF then a gentle cream cleanser or micellar water to clean your face - these are two completely separate steps. I use cetaphil which is not everyones cup of tea. Then an acid tone three times a week to gently exfoliate then a night oil - Boots Time Delay (I think is the correct name) is what I use at the moment - again there are loads, at all diff prices.

I used to have flaky skin all the time - had to mix foundation with vaseline (nice) to stop the flake, however was advised to up my water, eat avocados and salmon - have at least two avocados a week and salmon at least twice - the difference is amazing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now