Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Winter skin remedies

(4 Posts)
Neverknowing Wed 22-Feb-17 10:24:18

My skin is so ridiculously dry all year round and Is obviously 100x worse during winter (dry patches and feels almost painful in the mornings and at night before I moisturise) does anyone have any recommendations for a cleanser? Or any skin treatments?

Neverknowing Wed 22-Feb-17 10:26:22

I've been using the garnier moisture bomb day and night creams and they've helped SO MUCH, loads of my dry patches have gone and skin feels softer but I just need a cleanser that doesn't dry out my skin more and maybe a treatment for occasionally smile

SparklingRaspberry Wed 22-Feb-17 14:15:38

Coconut oil!!

plumstone Wed 22-Feb-17 14:23:46

Good cleansing - I went through a million different moisturisers till I was told to look at my cleansing!!! Use an oil/balm ( there are loads at all prices) to take off makeup and SPF then a gentle cream cleanser or micellar water to clean your face - these are two completely separate steps. I use cetaphil which is not everyones cup of tea. Then an acid tone three times a week to gently exfoliate then a night oil - Boots Time Delay (I think is the correct name) is what I use at the moment - again there are loads, at all diff prices.

I used to have flaky skin all the time - had to mix foundation with vaseline (nice) to stop the flake, however was advised to up my water, eat avocados and salmon - have at least two avocados a week and salmon at least twice - the difference is amazing!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: