Talk

Advanced search

Skin tag on eyelid

(13 Posts)
MadeInBelgium Wed 22-Feb-17 08:56:38

I'm 47 so perhaps my hormones are starting to change, who knows. No idea how long it's been there - you can't see it when my eyes are open. I only noticed it when I put my specs on to pluck my eyebrows! Oh the joys of ageing!!

I googled but because it's my eye I'm a bit cautious. It's right in the fold. I've been putting tea tree oil on it the past few days but nothing has changed and the DCs are refusing to kiss me goodnight because it stinks sad

I found an old MN thread suggesting Vaseline so I'm going to start that tonight instead of the tea tree oil, but just wondered whether anybody on here had any other advice? Thanks

Laiste Wed 22-Feb-17 09:12:43

the DCs are refusing to kiss me goodnight because it stinks sad

That's really sad! Tell them it doesn't stink and don't be daft and if you don't get your kiss they won't get their tea! (or whatever).

Anyway smile how big is this tag? I had a teeny thing like this come up right on my lash line, upper lid, about 2/3 months ago. It was irritating me just by existing. Not sure if it was a tiny hard spot or a skin tag but it was just sitting there rock hard and making it tricky to get a nice line with my liquid liner (first world problem). It hurt when i poked it.

Last week i took a pair of tweezers and a magnifying mirror and squeezed the bugger hard. Then sort of pulled at it till it came off. I can't lie - it bloody hurt. Eyes watered and everything. I put a smear of sudocream over it. It bled a bit. It made a tiny scab there for one day and then next day - gone! grin

(this is just my experience - i don't outright recommend operating on one's self with tweezers on the eye area)

MadeInBelgium Wed 22-Feb-17 09:46:58

Unfortunately though tea tree oil DOES stink!! It certainly makes my eyes water.

Thanks but I'm not brave enough to attack it with tweezers.

I've started on the Vaseline, which doesn't stink, so fingers crossed!

Gingerbreadmam Wed 22-Feb-17 09:48:45

i put cotton round one on mine. was gone after a couple of days. nail varnish is supposed to work too.

CoteDAzur Wed 22-Feb-17 09:51:44

What do you think tea tree oil and Vaseline are going to do?

If it bothers you, have it clipped off.

MadeInBelgium Wed 22-Feb-17 10:01:43

Thanks Gingerbreadman.

Truckingalong Wed 22-Feb-17 12:51:01

Band it. Buy a little kit off eBay.

IAmcuriousyellow Wed 22-Feb-17 12:52:38

Thuja oil will shift a skin tag

Heratnumber7 Wed 22-Feb-17 12:53:47

Is it bothering you? Sounds not as you've only just noticed it.
I'd leave it alone.

LittleOyster Wed 22-Feb-17 14:01:08

I've just used a Tagband kit from Amazon (£15.95) to remove one I have had on my undercarriage since giving birth. (Sorry if TMI).

I was a bit scared about using it, but it worked really well - painless and it just dropped off at the end of the 4th day.

The instructions say it's not to be used in the eye area, but I'm sure it'd be fine if you had someone to help you band it.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 22-Feb-17 14:07:35

I'd use a skin tag kit thing as well. Has worked perfectly on the two I've had, although admittedly not on my eyelid.

stoptryingtomakefetchhappen Wed 22-Feb-17 14:16:49

I had a skin tag on my eyelid, only a couple of millimetres or so big but you could see it quite clearly and it really bothered me. Eyeshadow only enhanced it so no way to cover it up. After putting up with it for a few years (during which time it did get bigger) I had it removed at a private skin clinic. Cost ££ but was so worth it and wished I'd done it sooner. I looked into the kits / tying thread round it etc.. and might have attempted that on a different bit of my body but not on my face, and especially as it was near my eye...

MadeInBelgium Wed 22-Feb-17 15:03:56

Thanks for advice. It's not bothering me but now I know it's there I want it gone! Just a bit scared of kits etc with it being so close to my eye.

That's why I wondered if anyone had experience of using tea tree oil and/or Vaseline as per 'Dr Google'.

Stoptrying - do you mind me asking how much the clinic charged you? Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now