Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Which jeans with these boots?

(7 Posts)
TeamEponine Wed 22-Feb-17 07:07:30

I bought these boots a couple of weeks ago in the sale. I love them and they are mega comfy. But...

At the moment I only have skinny jeans, and the boots look dreadful with them as they really accentuate my very chunky calves sad

So, I am going shopping today and need to buy some new jeans (or trousers of some kind) to wear with the boots. I'm thinking of mid blue straight jeans, but I really have no idea! What would you suggest?

I'm a good size 10, curvy with a very high waist. Any recommendations for jeans or trousers that would work with my figure and these boots would be great!

flowers

ChishandFips33 Wed 22-Feb-17 08:53:41

Wear the boots when you go and try loads of styles on to see what looks best with them then come back because I have some similar boots and my skinnies with them make me look like a weed in a plant pot

TeamEponine Wed 22-Feb-17 10:16:33

Yes, I will be wearing the boots, even though they look horrific with skinnies!

Sounds like if we did a calf-share we could happily wear our beautiful boots with skinnies.

Any other suggestions. Heading out to the shops soon...

HenryCatPic Wed 22-Feb-17 10:19:34

Do you just need to roll the skinnies up in a different way perhaps? There are some useful pictures on Pinterest that I always look at as I haven't a clue!

JazzFunk Wed 22-Feb-17 12:28:49

I would just wear them with the skinnies and have a bit of chunky ruched up sock showing about the boots. Or wear less skinny skinnies.

burnishedsilver Wed 22-Feb-17 14:10:47

Try Gap Girlfriends jeans.

Mawsymoo Wed 22-Feb-17 16:21:09

I have these boots - also a sale purchase. They're SO comfy. I've been wearing them with skinny jeans tucked in as they're a touch too long for rolled up jeans. To be honest I'm not sure they look quite right with jeans tucked in either - I think the length is slightly awkward but I'm interested to see what you find on your shopping trip. I've worn them with leggings/tights and a casual shirt dress and I like that look better

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: